Advertise on SCONUTS Web Solutions

Thread: Bbd 09/29/2018

Default Bbd 09/29/2018

Missed the first 2 weekends of archery season due to being out of town. This was going to be my first deer hunt of 2018. Checked my camera and put out some fresh corn Friday evening. Shocked to see a big buck had been around daily following a group of 5 does since 9/23/18, and he was in front of my stand at 7:23 Thursday morning. Could barely sleep but got settled into the stand around 6:20 am and as the sun was rising. Had the group of does work out in front of me and feed for a little while. They left and the woods went quiet. Slight wind in my face and thermals pulling any scent uphill as the sun was rising, it was a perfect morning. It was almost 8 and I was debating packing up because I didn’t want to booger up this guy, next thing I know I see his big old rack coming straight towards me, nose to the ground following the trail the does came in on. He cut right behind a tree, I got ready, and as he went back to the left and cleared the tree, I let a muzzy fly! Pop, mule kick, 2 big hops to the tree line and he starts to walk off. What I thought was a perfect shot, was actually liver. Probably because I was shaking so much! Great blood for 50 yards and then it ended. Got a great friend and his 2 tracking dogs and showed up about a little over an hour later and put them on the blood. As we were walking through weeds/briars over our heads trying to keep up with the dogs, I see him laying on a little rise. As I am saying ”THERE HE IS! RIGHT THERE’S THE DEER” he jumps up and bolts. He ran another 100 yards maybe through thick stuff, threw one dog off, tired himself out and gave up. Don’t think I will be able to top him this year, but I know I will get out in the woods and try Rollercoaster of a first hunt with a great ending!!! He is currently at deermans Whitetails Unlimited Taxidermy and I can’t wait to get him back. Of course in all the excitement I didn’t measure him, but he did weight 165lbs.IMG_7123.jpgIMG_7128.jpgIMG_7178.jpg

Absolutely beautiful buck!!! Love the chocolate rack and long brow tines. Congrats!!!
    “In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

Wow. That is a beautiful buck and a great story. Congratulations.

Congrats again and thanks for using Whitetails Unlimited Taxidermy.
    Be careful even monkeys fall out of trees. www.whitetailsunlimitedtaxidermy.com www.swampboogers.com

SPONSOR

A late start but a nice season so far. Congratulations.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Congrats on a really nice buck !!!!!

Thanks guys! Still on cloud nine!

Congrats on a fine looking buck and thanks for sharing your story.
    Formerly Bill SC Hunter from the SCDNR Forums

Got military surplus weapons you want to get rid of? Lemme know!

Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

Great buck! Mr. Ricky will have it looking great!
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ Isaiah 41:10

Yep, I have seen his work and I am confident I made the right decision!

Great buck! Congrats

Good looking Deer!!

Congrats. Nice looking buck
    1 John 5..He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.