Advertise on SCONSwamp Boogers

Thread: Spots...

Default Spots...

Hunted yesterday evening. Got up in the tree just after the rain quit. Saw a couple of Does at 4:00 but missed my chance at the bigger one ( was playing with my GPS ) when I noticed them. They got in thick cover and then I couldn't tell which one was the bigger one so didn't shoot. Probably wouldn't have made any difference though...since I had forgotten to load a round into the chamber of my lever action...

5:00 this little one walked right up under my tree...nibbling leaves off of a couple of Gum limbs I had pruned off the tree I climbed. Still had plenty of spots on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stlhunr; 10-11-2018 at 06:43 AM.
    http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport037.gif

Saw one on the side of 95 around Bluffton on Sunday that still had plenty of spots on it.

I have seen more fawns this year than I have in 5 years together. Gonna be good in few years.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey13 View Post
    I have seen more fawns this year than I have in 5 years together. Gonna be good in few years.
    Same here. Have only seen one Doe so far that did not have young ones with them.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey13 View Post
    Me too. Lots of fawns.

I have 2 spotted fawns I see pretty often in and near my yard,but have yet to see a doe with them.

What kinda Lever you huntin with Keith?.....I've been tinkering with my Dad's ole 336, and the 99 will definately get to go on a few trips this year Lord willing.
    "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage:be not afraid,neither be thou dismayed:for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." Joshua 1:9

Quote Originally Posted by Savage 99 View Post
    What kinda Lever you huntin with Keith?.....I've been tinkering with my Dad's ole 336, and the 99 will definately get to go on a few trips this year Lord willing.
    My Marlin 1894 in 44 Mag. I usually take it in places I can't see more than 100 yards.

I have several fawns showing on my trail cams. One is still full spots. The others are various states of having lost them. The spots sure are pretty.
    -Gareth

I had a doe with her young one in spots come under me Saturday morning. I rarely see them in spots this late in my 35 years of deer hunting.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Formerly Bill SC Hunter from the SCDNR Forums

Got military surplus weapons you want to get rid of? Lemme know!

Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net