Whitetails Unlimited TaxidermyUTS Web Solutions

Thread: Apple Pie Moonshine

Default Apple Pie Moonshine

Made with grain alcohol but I guess you could use moonshine. I made this last weekend and boy is it good.

http://goodoleways.com/daves-apple-p...ecipe-file/and

i "hear" the corn liquor version is tasty as well....also kiwi/strawberry, pineapple in addition to apple pie flavors.
    Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman Jr
    “Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” T.Roosevelt

The apple or peach brandy they distill in southwestern Virginia is nothing to sneeze at either.

This stuff has almost become a tradition around the holidays. It is delicous. I haven't had the opportunity to make it with "organic whole grain" liquid but everclear works well. Just a word of advise, dont get into this stuff about 4 in the after noon if you plan on being out late that night socializing........wow does it make for a bad night

I can say from experience that the apple pie made from the real-deal shine is the best!

I just tried to pull the link up and it says that nothing could be found... Would really like to have the recipe, got a cook out coming up in June.

LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT SHOUTING... "HOLY SH*T.... WHAT A RIDE"

Dave’s Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe
    Posted on July 20, 2010 by Dave
    I have two batch sizes here, so I don’t have to think about halving or doubling, especially if I’m sampling the last batch. This is really good with lots of ice.

1/2 gallon of apple juice
    1/2 gallon of apple cider
    3/4 cup white sugar
    1 1/4 cups of brown sugar
    4 cinnamon sticks
    1/2 liter of 190 Proof Grain Alcohol, Everclear or equivalent.

To get started, you need a large boiling pot. Add into this pot the apple juice, apple cider, the white and brown sugar, and the whole fresh cinnamon sticks. Bring these contents to a boil, then remove the pot from the stove and let it cool down to room temperature. Once at room temperature, gradually stir in the 190 proof grain alcohol. What you don’t consume in one sitting, you can bottle for later use. Store it in sterile Mason jars, place one cinnamon stick in each jar, and then store them in a cool dark dry place. After a couple of weeks your Apple Pie Moonshine will taste even better. This batch will make about 4 1/2 quarts.

1 gallon of apple juice
    1 gallon of apple cider
    1 1/2 cups of white sugar
    2 1/2 cups brown sugar
    8 cinnamon sticks
    1 liter of 190 Proof Grain Alcohol, Everclear or equivalent.

This batch will make about 9 quarts.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt503 View Post
    I just tried to pull the link up and it says that nothing could be found... Would really like to have the recipe, got a cook out coming up in June.
    Sounds like fun!

This will be done real soon... any suggestions on other flavors?

C J, my oldest son graduating high school on June 1st and reports to Parris Island on June 20. have in graduation and sendoff party at the same time. Just ordered a 150 lb pig and in process of building the pit. he wants a pig pickin ole school style...

LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT SHOUTING... "HOLY SH*T.... WHAT A RIDE"