Whitetails Unlimited TaxidermySwamp Boogers

Thread: Night hunting for coyotes and hogs

Default Night hunting for coyotes and hogs

Has anyone taken advantage of the new law allowing night hunting for yotes and hogs ?

sort of.......I have to say I am still a little displeased with some of the stipulations. I don't have 48 hours notice before I go hunting so I won't be calling anybody first. Guess I will just be killing them like I always do.
    SCCH
    Addicted Coyote Hunter!!!!

Pulled my cameras this afternoon and this was on it.....guess I need to be giving it a try!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage:be not afraid,neither be thou dismayed:for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." Joshua 1:9

Gollee is that a black panther?

Quote Originally Posted by bcastin View Post
    Gollee is that a black panther?
    not sure...naw..it's melanistic...I see it now

I did when it first came about a few years ago. You could only use a light attached to your head and a pistol with a barrel of 9" or less. In 3 Saturday nights we killed 26 hogs. It's fun and I love it. I have not tried with a spotlight and rifle. I just don't think you can get more than one shot off at 50 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by SCcoyotehunter View Post
    sort of.......I have to say I am still a little displeased with some of the stipulations. I don't have 48 hours notice before I go hunting so I won't be calling anybody first. Guess I will just be killing them like I always do.
    SCCH
    You only have to give 48 hours notice once per year by registering.

https://www.dnr.sc.gov/nighthunt/index.html (looks like it's an online system)

"From the last day of February to July 1, upon notification to the SCDNR at least 48 hours in advance, hogs, coyotes, and armadillos may be hunted at night with or without the aid of bait, electronic calls, artificial lights, and night vision devices using any legal firearm, bow, or crossbow. Notice to the SCDNR is required once per season for each property and the names, dates of birth, and hunting license numbers of each person participating in the hunt must be made available for registration. Applicants will be asked to provide information regarding the location of the property including road names and numbers that border the property..."

Quote Originally Posted by Beartrkkr View Post
    You only have to give 48 hours notice once per year by registering.

https://www.dnr.sc.gov/nighthunt/index.html (looks like it's an online system)

"From the last day of February to July 1, upon notification to the SCDNR at least 48 hours in advance, hogs, coyotes, and armadillos may be hunted at night with or without the aid of bait, electronic calls, artificial lights, and night vision devices using any legal firearm, bow, or crossbow. Notice to the SCDNR is required once per season for each property and the names, dates of birth, and hunting license numbers of each person participating in the hunt must be made available for registration. Applicants will be asked to provide information regarding the location of the property including road names and numbers that border the property..."
    Your right. Only have to register once for that year. Not every time you wish to hunt.

You have to register each property u wish to hunt if its not one continuous tract. And you have to wait 48hrs before going. But only once. After the initial reg of a property u can go whenever. It's really not complicated but people try to make it out to be that way.

I assume starting July 2nd, any night hunting for hogs must abide under the old rules (weapons 9" or less etc.).