Camera Land, IncSwamp Boogers

Thread: Camping and Canoeing

Default Camping and Canoeing

So I just sold my fishing kayak for a nice canoe, and I'm planning on taking a camping trip in mid-September. My wife and 3 year old son will be with me. Does anyone know of any good places to camp where you can also be somewhat close to a nice "canoe" lake. We are near Clemson, so my first thought is Devil's Fork @ Jocassee. However, I'd like to explore some smaller lakes if possible. Most (maybe all?) the state parks will not allow you to put your own canoe in the water. I'd be willing to drive up to an hour just to have somewhere to camp and experience a little less boat traffic.

And I should add. . .I'm not looking to canoe to the campsite. I just want to bring it with me, but have somewhere relatively close by to put it in.

Thanks.

Croft State Park has camping and fishing with private boat access.

Table Rock State Park. At your doorstep plus you can tent or rent a cabin there.

We were at Devils Fork in june and there were plenty of people in canoes out there.
    Diabeticmedic

Quote Originally Posted by vermontlad View Post
    Table Rock State Park. At your doorstep plus you can tent or rent a cabin there.
    Thanks. I was thinking of that, but I don't think you can put your canoe on the lake. I think you can go across the street to Oolenoy, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Diabeticmedic View Post
    We were at Devils Fork in june and there were plenty of people in canoes out there.
    Yeah we tried to go there this past weekend, but there were zero parking spots. The rangers were actually telling people to turn around. Will have to check it out in the next couple of weeks.

Check with the park ranger at Table Rock to see if you can access the lake with your canoe.