Whitetails Unlimited TaxidermyWhitetails Unlimited Taxidermy

Thread: Game Zone 2 - 2017 Season - Done for the uear

Default Game Zone 2 - 2017 Season - Done for the uear

No wall hangers, but a good season overall. Freezer is full, and was able to donate venison to some folks that don't get to hunt, but really appreciate it when they get some. Hope your season was successful, however you define success.

Hunted ZG 2 and saw two deer total in eleven days (no kills). However killed four behind my house outside Woodruff. Go figure.

Killed 8 and got two nice bucks. Saw a bunch of nice bucks I let walk to hopefully grow up some. Best part was caught 3 trespassers and got them charged. Could really have some nice deer if it wasn't for them no count, low down, good for nothing thieving piece of crap scum!! I'm tired of trespassing and poaching and wish they would be victims of a hunting accident! Caught 3 and no telling how many I didn't catch!!

Hunted 8 times in game zone two, saw 40 deer. It was 32 does, 7 bucks, and a button head. I killed 3 bucks and lost one, 10/27, 10/28, 11/10, and 12/1. Saw lots of rutting activity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

Quote Originally Posted by davisd9 View Post
    Hunted 8 times in game zone two, saw 40 deer. It was 32 does, 7 bucks, and a button head. I killed 3 bucks and lost one, 10/27, 10/28, 11/10, and 12/1. Saw lots of rutting activity.

Private land ?

Quote Originally Posted by vermontlad View Post
    Private land ?
    Yes, Lancaster County

Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

Quote Originally Posted by davisd9 View Post

Sounds like an excellent season.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tater50 View Post
    Killed 8 and got two nice bucks. Saw a bunch of nice bucks I let walk to hopefully grow up some. Best part was caught 3 trespassers and got them charged. Could really have some nice deer if it wasn't for them no count, low down, good for nothing thieving piece of crap scum!! I'm tired of trespassing and poaching and wish they would be victims of a hunting accident! Caught 3 and no telling how many I didn't catch!!
    Well done. On both areas of your post, trespassers and deer.

Hunted GZ2 around Greenwood County -- had the freezer full and one being mounted by the end of October - killed (4 total ),2 small bucks 118 / 130lbs. & one doe 100lb. and a nice 10pt. 166lb. buck -- saw deer most every trip & some saw me*** was a good year for me**

Quote Originally Posted by Tater50 View Post
    I hate trespassers too. If they’d ask, I might say yes you can hunt here. But they’re scum if they just hunt without asking.
    If you think healthcare is expensive now, just wait until you see how expensive it is when it's free.

It's over for me . never got to go because I was getting use to this prosthetic foot.look out turkeys..

Northwest Chester County, private land.

Lots of does, very few bucks either having been seen by me or me seeing much sign of them. But does? LOTS AND LOTS of does!!!!

My four trail cameras only showed "LOTS AND LOTS of does!!!!" and very few bucks. The only bucks with decent racks appeared to be no more than 2&1/2 year old at best. Quite a few yotes on camera too, especially in the past month.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Formerly Bill SC Hunter from the SCDNR Forums

Got military surplus weapons you want to get rid of? Lemme know!

Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

I had a good year. I saw deer every day but two. I killed four does. The smallest was 120#, the largest was 140#. I saw a lot of little bucks but nothing bigger than what I already have on the wall.