Whitetails Unlimited TaxidermyWhitetails Unlimited Taxidermy

Thread: Cook Out

Default Cook Out

Seems we are getting a new eating place here. Think they are based out of NC. Is the food good?
    Yippee Ki Yay

I enjoy it. It is relatively inexpensive and pretty good quality. There milkshakes are fantastic. My family of 4 can eat for $25 or so.
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

I would score them 3 out of 5, the ones in Spartanburg are mediocre.

They’re a grease pit. I love them.
    If you think healthcare is expensive now, just wait until you see how expensive it is when it's free.

Only fast food joint I can eat. Real burgers and great shakes.

It is a charcoal cooked burger. Smells good when you ride by. It is fair at best. It is take out only. Our newest burger shack is Bad Daddy's, pretty pricey but good eating. Not cooked into a hard flat plate. Good selection of craft beer too.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    It is a charcoal cooked burger. Smells good when you ride by. It is fair at best. It is take out only. Our newest burger shack is Bad Daddy's, pretty pricey but good eating. Not cooked into a hard flat plate. Good selection of craft beer too.
    Sounds like the place next door to my shop...$10 Charcoal Angus Burgers cooked just right ...greasy as all getout... a selection of beers in the cooler you don't find around here...Devil's Backbone out of VA is one of my favs

Thanks for all the info on Cook Out gang
    Yippee Ki Yay

Quote Originally Posted by Jester896 View Post
    Sounds like the place next door to my shop...$10 Charcoal Angus Burgers cooked just right ...greasy as all getout... a selection of beers in the cooler you don't find around here...Devil's Backbone out of VA is one of my favs

Thanks for all the info on Cook Out gang
    I am partial to Red Oak Barvarian lager if on tap.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Maybe I am misunderstanding this, but you can dine in at Cookout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

The images I see online look like eat ins...not sure about the one here...slab is a bit small looking.
    Yippee Ki Yay

They're not bad.

Ours is take out but I will check them out again. I went there when it first opened. You may be right.
    Henry Ford

It depends on the hired staff, like most businesses. In Monroe, NC, like many many places in Monroe, they cannot seem to hire anyone who cares about what they are hired to do. I have been to great ones however and I love their Walnut milkshake.

Good luck!
    Formerly Bill SC Hunter from the SCDNR Forums

Got military surplus weapons you want to get rid of? Lemme know!

Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

Quote Originally Posted by parallax View Post
    It depends on the hired staff, like most businesses. In Monroe, NC, like many many places in Monroe, they cannot seem to hire anyone who cares about what they are hired to do. I have been to great ones however and I love their Walnut milkshake.

Good luck!
    I like the peanut butter milk shake.

I thought milkshakes only came in vanilla.
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster1 View Post
    How about the BEACON........Ate there once.....grease pit......Loved it!

Yes HK, the Beacon is one of my favorite pits. To the thread, the Cookout's in Spartanburg have dining rooms. The one on the westside had a late night shooting a few weeks ago, 6 people shot, none life threatening. Think they were gonna start calling that one, Shootout.

It depends on the hired staff, like most businesses. In Monroe, NC, like many many places in Monroe, they cannot seem to hire anyone who cares about what they are hired to do.
    So the pool here will fit right in

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster1 View Post
    Thanks!

Sounds like if I want a good milkshake of some kind drop in...maybe leave the other alone.
    Yippee Ki Yay

I haven't tried any of the Cookout locations, but for a great burger visit Wayback.........the food is great but the prices sure aren't "wayback".
    NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Palmetto Gun Rights, NAGR, GOA, Second Amendment Foundation, and proud SC redneck still flying The Stars and Bars.

Quote Originally Posted by The Happy Kaboomer View Post
    How about the BEACON........Ate there once.....grease pit......Loved it!
    Yeah If a man leave The Beacon hungry he just didn't know what to order. Giant cheese burger and more greasy fries and onion ring than you can eat. Used to eat there for lunch every time I went to Spartanburg Ice.
    Henry Ford

I love The Beacon. Just can't seem to find my way down there anymore.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

Wife & I both like the Cook-Out -- burgers & fries and ours has a small inside dining area ( umbrella tables outside are nice in good weather** )

our favorite burger joint is ""Five Guys"" by far -- don't have one in town but.we stop at the one in Anderson on our way to Clemson for ball games -- don't cook it till you order and fill up the bag,with fresh cut fries !!!!

We have a Five Guys here...never been...maybe I should try it.
    Yippee Ki Yay

The old five guys was like big monk says. They built a new restaurant and it is not good. You have to wait on everything so thats ok if it is cooked to order and hot but it is usually cold. Cant figure that one out.
    Henry Ford

The old five guys was like big monk says. They built a new restaurant and it is not good. You have to wait on everything so thats ok if it is cooked to order and hot but it is usually cold. Cant figure that one out.
    I been to the five guys in Rock hill SC. Good food, SLOOOOOwfood. Expensive in my book. and they have roasted p-nuts on the table and throw the hulls in the floor,to fill you up while waiting.

Prefer Cookout much more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they have hot freshcut fries it is worth the trip.
    Henry Ford

Looks like we all gotta go to Cook Out, Five Guys, and The Beacon to give them a try.
    Henry Ford

Here's a tip on 5 Guys.

Eat it there, rather than carry-out.
    If you have further than a few minutes to get home you'll be eating your burgers or dogs with a fork. Those big sloppy burgers and dogs wrapped in tin foil when hot disintegrate very quickly. The Cajun spiced fries are sure enough spicy.

Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

The Cajun spiced fries are sure enough spicy.
    that did it...I'm going
    Yippee Ki Yay