Advertise on SCONUTS Web Solutions

Thread: wtb 44 mag levergun

Default wtb 44 mag levergun

Longshot but does anyone have one collecting dust? Not interested in a henry but would like marlin, rossi or Winchester. Academy has new marlins for 499 but im still leary of quality of the Remington made ones to take a chance. If I cant find a good used one I may just have to risk it

Me too.
    If you think healthcare is expensive now, just wait until you see how expensive it is when it's free.

Was considering a Henry in .44 mag. Anyone have any experience with the Henry’s. The magizines say good thing but I hear other say not so good of things. Was thinking about a .22 also but heard the Henry lever .22 did not cycle well. Any one have one? I also see Winchester has a new lever gun out but only in the larger calibers.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

I had a Henry .22 lever gun. It was the most ill feeding lever gun i have ever owned and sold it. A buddy of mine bought 2 Henry rifles at 2 different times. 1st was a .357 and it went back twice I think. The other was a .41 or .44 and it went back too. Both of them were out of the box issues. Then I hear people swear by them
    Yippee Ki Yay

Ive got a henry 22. It has been flawless from shorts to lr’s. Tube is fine for a 22 but big gun needs a loading gate to me. I heard the new winchesters suck with the rebounding hammer and tang safety.

Neither the Henry or Winchester are inexpensive weapons. I would expect more for the price. Both are fine lookers but there is more than looks.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

I've been looking at the Henry 44 carbine. Dunno why, I just want one.

My dad has a Henry lever in .22. He shoots squirrels with it. He’s never had a problem with it.
    If you think healthcare is expensive now, just wait until you see how expensive it is when it's free.

Have shot a couple of Henrys before. Butter smooth actions, no feed problems.
    http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport037.gif

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleLungRage View Post
    I've been looking at the Henry 44 carbine. Dunno why, I just want one.
    x2
    Henry Ford