Advertise on SCONSwamp Boogers

Thread: New Compound Bow

Default New Compound Bow

Happy New Year guys!!!!
    This year I'm interested in buying a new compound bow for turkey and whitetail hunting. I'm also interested in hunting another big game in the future like elk. I'm currently looking at the Mathews Z3. I have never held one or shoot, but I'm interested in whether anyone has an opinion about them or any other bow have an opinion.

I don't have the Z3, but I do own a Mathews Helium, and a Mathews HMR No Cam. I've always liked Mathews. I'm sure there are people that don't. Mathews has I believe a lifetime warranty. I don't know where you live, but if your in the lowcountry check out the Archery Shop in Summerville. Bud is top notch. I haven't shot my compounds since I went trad.

Go to every shop that you can and shoot every bow that you can. Then make your decision. Mathews, BowTech, Hoyt, Elite, PSE, and so on. All are good bows these days.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleLungRage View Post
    Go to every shop that you can and shoot every bow that you can. Then make your decision. Mathews, BowTech, Hoyt, Elite, PSE, and so on. All are good bows these days.
    This

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen; not because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.

What's insane is people who think the Goverment removing rights from responsible people will somehow keep them safe.

I asked for opinions on several bow shops before I visited one. A guy I trust for all things bow hunting steered me in the right direction right off the bat, even though it steered me away from his favorite bow brand.