Camera Land, IncSwamp Boogers
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone fishing

Caught a few smallies on jocassee today nothing big but fun. All were caught on a jig. In 20-25ft water. Couldn’t buy a fish over 2 lbs. ps. I think it was my magical cut off shorts that made em bite. Also 2AC27D01-0F5B-4F8C-942A-A2662B38B110.jpgGot plenty of looks in a souped up jon boat around all those rich people. I past a lot of there high dollar ski boats today in the 30 hp yami. Haha

Went back to Murray yesterday and my buddy and I kept 23 crappies. Hot dry weather has slowed them down. Early bite was good then around 9-930 they shut down in the area we was in.

Damn right. When we goin

Took boys out. Didn't see any schools except perch. Blalock. Still managed to catch a few on deep brush.3BD9EF31-B773-44F6-81C5-3B7049279482.jpg

Anyone fish Jocassee. Was wondering about night fishin. Didnt know what was best boat ramp that didnt close?

Worship the LORD, not His creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Nice catch but it looks like you are getting out fished Spur. Me too.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Yup.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Wooowee. Good fish

Red and I fished the Diversion Canal for Cats this morning. Only caught 6. Current was really much to fast...think the Cats were holding on to the bottom with their teeth just to keep from getting swept away...

Should have brought the fly rods too, Bream were schooling and tearing up Mayflies along the banks.
    http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport037.gif

Theres gonna be some big catfish tournament down there sat-Sunday. Im not gonna fish it but i will try to post pics and reports

Took Red and the Kayaks after some Redfish this morning. Didn't catch any big ones but had lots of small ones willing to tug on her line.

The bird is a Roseate Spoonbill, seen three but this one was the only one I could get close enough to for a pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Santee tournament was really slow 62 lbs won it. I fished Russell instead kept a limit of 2-3lb spots. But managed a good large mouth. F8D9F81C-A2E9-4672-9A32-0CE46CCFC0F6.jpg

6 9 and a 7 9 this weekend, his big fish whoopin on me continues. I caught more but my largest was 4 9.
    file1-106.jpg
    file2-79.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by spur hunter View Post
    6 9 and a 7 9 this weekend, his big fish whoopin on me continues. I caught more but my largest was 4 9.
    file1-106.jpg
    file2-79.jpg
    Same pond as before?

He’s getting it done!

Quote Originally Posted by sluggin View Post
    Same pond as before?
    Bigger fish from a more pressured lake. Had two other boats watching the fight and then circling us like buzzards the rest of the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by spur hunter View Post
    Bigger fish from a more pressured lake. Had two other boats watching the fight and then circling us like buzzards the rest of the evening.
    Very impressive on a public lake. Very. Hats off to you guys

Edisto River this morning. Water was a little high, and swifter then we like, but still managed to do pretty well. We were catching small Bass ( 15" was largest ) on jerk baits. Caught Bream, Redbreast and Crappie on Beetle Spins and small Rapala minnows. Also got a Mudfish on a Tiny Torpedo...think that's only the 2nd one I have ever caught on a topwater plug.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Rick Hiott View Post
    Iceman,,,,,Call Capt Chris Chavis. His web site is www.finstalker.net Tell him I sent you please.
    Thanks Capt. Rick. Chris is a first class guy, like fishing with your best buddy. We did an inshore trip and were in fish on the first cast. Said we were fishing a spot you showed him. I would also recommend Chris for anyone in the James Island area.

23537.jpg
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Pretty fish. Love those spots

Pretty fish. Love those spots
    First red fish I ever caught. Loads of fun. I will try again for sure.
    Henry Ford

Thats awesome. You should send pic to someone who makes replicas and get one made. Be really nice

Thats awesome. You should send pic to someone who makes replicas and get one made. Be really nice
    Good idea.
    Henry Ford

Had an amazing day on blalock. Found the white bass8C4BED05-4B00-4A56-A4EC-8E3B6F616AF0.jpg

3 days in a row. Still on the white bass

Good to see white bass again. Wateree and Wylie are full of white perch but few white bass. Both used to be loaded. We used to catch hundreds at Wateree in the summer with some up to 3.5 lbs. Those days are gone, mostly white perch there now.

By the way Wylie humps are loaded with white perch right now come on down and get ya some. Catch 7 at a time on a Sabiki rig as long as you want to catch them. About half big enough to eat. Please keep them all.
    Henry Ford

Red and I fished the Santee River ( Wilson's Landing ) this morning. Haven't fished it in a while and she wanted to check it out. We could not keep hooks baited for long with all the small Catfish mauling our baits. Finally had enough and switched to small hooks and pieces of Shad, and caught 150+ 10" to 12" Blues, and bullheads with a few Channels too.

I finally got tired of unhooking fish, and just handed her the pliers and said have at it. So many fish in the deep hole there that you could feel your sinker passing through the schools of fish, on the way down. Finally just had her free line a piece of bait ( no weight ) so it took a couple of minutes to get a strike...just to slow the action down.

Kept 12 for frying whole for dinner tomorrow night. Also kept and cleaned a Gar to fry up too. Haven't ever eaten one so figured we would try it.

Used a hack saw then craved out the meat between the sections...

She also had a double on Turtles while we tried a spot in the main current. Said " no way am I touching those things. " for a picture.
    Last edited by stlhunr; 07-11-2019 at 02:20 PM.

good eating right there
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by stlhunr View Post
    Red and I fished the Santee River ( Wilson's Landing ) this morning. Haven't fished it in a while and she wanted to check it out. We could not keep hooks baited for long with all the small Catfish mauling our baits. Finally had enough and switched to small hooks and pieces of Shad, and caught 150+ 10" to 12" Blues, and bullheads with a few Channels too.

I finally got tired of unhooking fish, and just handed her the pliers and said have at it. So many fish in the deep hole there that you could feel your sinker passing through the schools of fish, on the way down. Finally just had her free line a piece of bait ( no weight ) so it took a couple of minutes to get a strike...just to slow the action down.

Kept 12 for frying whole for dinner tomorrow night. Also kept and cleaned a Gar to fry up too. Haven't ever eaten one so figured we would try it.

Used a hack saw then craved out the meat between the sections...

She also had a double on Turtles while we tried a spot in the main current. Said " no way am I touching those things. " for a picture.
    Good as it gets

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Good to see white bass again. Wateree and Wylie are full of white perch but few white bass. Both used to be loaded. We used to catch hundreds at Wateree in the summer with some up to 3.5 lbs. Those days are gone, mostly white perch there now.

By the way Wylie humps are loaded with white perch right now come on down and get ya some. Catch 7 at a time on a Sabiki rig as long as you want to catch them. About half big enough to eat. Please keep them all.

Could you point me to a good hump or 2. Or is it any humps in a curtain depth. Dont fish there alot due to all the jetskis.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast