Advertise on SCONUTS Web Solutions
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone fishing

Worship the LORD, not His creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Took the Kayak this morning and fished back in the flooded timber past where I could get my Jon boat. Caught a good many hand sized Bream with a few Crappie, and small Bass as well. One blasted Mudfish that gave me a soaking from all the fighting right next to the Kayak as I was trying to be nice, and release him alive. He was pushing his luck though, and was close to getting landed with the 22...

Saw something I've never seen before. An Owl eating a Crayfish.

Released everything. Wife just shook her head at me this morning when I told her I wasn't keeping any fish. She said " Going fishing, and don't plan to keep any fish? That doesn't make any sense. "
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport037.gif

Got out last Tuesday on Wylie. The bass are in that late spawn phase here. Getting everything ready to head to the Santee this weekend. Going to try and get on some cats and some crappies.
    Here's the link to the video from Tuesday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6umVaMFQz4g

Good video. Fished blalock yesterday only for about an hour and a half caught 7. All on a jig. Biggest around 4. All fish over 2

Quote Originally Posted by sluggin View Post
    Good video. Fished blalock yesterday only for about an hour and a half caught 7. All on a jig. Biggest around 4. All fish over 2
    Yes sir! Iím headed to Murray in the morning

Hear! Hear! Are those gar balls or just nuggets??

Just nuggets. Would love a gator ball recipe......

I've tried a few. It's good enough on its own with some house Autry breader not to go through the trouble.

Thats exactly what i do. Very good

Well Braved Hartwell yesterday. Put in at Singing Pines. Ended up catch around 30 dinks. All Spotted bass and 2 Largemouth. I really would like to see a limit increase on those things. In another 10 years your not gonna see a largemouth in Hartwell, Keowee, Russell Finally left after getting beat to death by waves. Went to blalock and caught some quality fish on Jigs and Shakey Head.

That’s a good day any day must less as hot as it is. How big was your best on Blakock?

I have to ask what are you calling a dink? I have not heard that term for a fish.

We went to Wylie last thursday, headed up river and mainly threw top water, caught 15 or 16 btwn the two of us, bite was pretty good, most were around 2 lbs, couple dinks. Stanley, I call a dink any fish of a species too small to keep or weigh in.

Quote Originally Posted by STANLEY View Post
    I have to ask what are you calling a dink? I have not heard that term for a fish.
    Bass under 14”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tater50 View Post
    That’s a good day any day must less as hot as it is. How big was your best on Blakock?

4.5-5lb on jig in buck creek

thanks

Caught some good smallies in the river today biggest around 3lb. Biggest largemouth around 4. Had a good time have to find a way yo take pics in river while wading. Dont wanna fork out big money on gopro just to drop it and never see it again..... Any suggestions?

Just got back from Blalock. Very hard fishing Finally figured them out late. Caught 6 on Topwater. All quality fish over 2lbs

May have to try out that Blalock. You seems to have pretty good success there Sluggin.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Im sure some of you know that the Charleston Jettys are very good now with catches of Trout, Flounder, Big Red Drum, Bluefish, with the Spanish near by.

Also the Cobia bite has been great nearshore, with the dolphin bite good offshore.
    Capt Rick Hiott
    Charleston,SC

Any recommendations for a charter on an offshore trip end of this month. Going down to Folly Beach.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Did real well on the crappie yesterday on Murray.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    May have to try out that Blalock. You seems to have pretty good success there Sluggin.
    I just fish it alot. Local lake 3min away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Rick Hiott View Post
    Im sure some of you know that the Charleston Jettys are very good now with catches of Trout, Flounder, Big Red Drum, Bluefish, with the Spanish near by.

Also the Cobia bite has been great nearshore, with the dolphin bite good offshore.
    I need to get down there Could i fish those inlets with 16” jon boat good?

I just fish it alot. Local lake 3min away.

- - - Updated - - -

I need to get down there Could i fish those inlets with 16” jon boat good?
    You can especially if the wind stays down. Saw a 16' Carolina skiff running in front of Edisto Beach on Monday. The ocean nearshore was FLAT!!!

Iceman,,,,,Call Capt Chris Chavis. His web site is www.finstalker.net Tell him I sent you please.

Sluggin,,,,If you have a lot of experience in the salt you could try it on a good day,,,just be careful.
    Capt Rick Hiott
    Charleston,SC

Iceman,,,,,Call Capt Chris Chavis. His web site is www.finstalker.net Tell him I sent you please.

Sluggin,,,,If you have a lot of experience in the salt you could try it on a good day,,,just be careful.
    Thanks Capt Rick
    Henry Ford

I have stayed in the inlets many times.

Spent the day at the Sister-in-law's place at Buck Hall yesterday. Sat on the dock with one of the Grand Nieces & Nephews. Neither have fished before and had a blast catching small Sharks and Stingrays. They also caught a few decent Whiting which we added to the Catfish and Gator nuggets we cooked up for dinner.

Double hook rigs with pieces of Shrimp didn't sit long before something hit them. They even caught doubles many times...

Depending where the dock is,,,,you will find more fish under the dock than out away from it...Ö(Braided line is a must!)

I have caught a TON of very nice fish under a salt water dock. Live menhaden on the bottom is the BEST bait hands down!

(If the dock is near the coast with good current on the outside bend of a creek, I can just about bet you there is fish under it)
    Capt Rick Hiott
    Charleston,SC

Not much water under this dock even at high tide because of slit. The floating platform sits on mud at low tide. Hoping the dredging they have planned will clear out some of the muck.

We usually fish Graham Creek by boat. It's a short run from the dock.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast