Whitetails Unlimited TaxidermyAdvertise on SCON
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone fishing

Quote Originally Posted by sluggin View Post
    Were you at hartwell in or around channels 20ft of water ?
    No, we slid off to greenwood but they were in 20 foot of water and hitting jigs.

Well Hartwell is the same way.

Well Hartwell is the same way.
    Upper end of the lake?

Went longlinning in Wylie for a few hours Saturday morning. Picked off 10 crappies around Torrence. The bite was steady, but not on fire. Naturally missed a couple and had to be off the water at noon, so we left them biting. We had 4 of the 10 in the 13-14" range. Nothing under 10.5". All were in 28-35 FOW suspended at the 15-20 foot line.

Marked a lot of crappie about the same depth up around mills creek Sunday. Several boat in there fishing for them. We were cat fishing. Started good but the bite stopped when the wind went dead calm.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Tater50 View Post
    Upper end of the lake?
    Yes

3 hours Friday morning with nary a bite. Tried a drop shot rig before leaving and got in fish immediately.

Worship the LORD, not His creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Went fishing for Crab & Catfish bait this morning. Caught 20 Shad ( limit ) on the Santee River, using 8# test and a 1/8 oz jig. Water was swift so had to use a 2 oz sinker to keep the jig down near the bottom.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport037.gif

Looking good guys. Man those shad are fun!!

Looking good guys. Man those shad are fun!!
    Yeah, I caught a few Roes that were between 4 and 5 pounds. Heck of a fight on 8# line. Released those though. Like to keep the smaller one for cut bait.

Decent first trip to Lake Moultrie this morning. Caught fish in 2 ft of water around floating grass mats with plastic worms. Caught some in 5 ft of water with plastic worms around Cypress trees, and caught some on crank baits in stump field in the Hatchery in 5 ft of water. Water temp was 64 when we left.

Should be some good fishing next week.

Very nice

Caught 14 in the river yesterday 4lbs biggest. Everything else under 2lbs. Water was moving and muddy

Went on Wylie yesterday. Caught Six 3 were 3.5 to 4 lb and the rest about 2 lbs. Not many boats out and lots of debris floating in the main lake. Fish were scattered. We were start to see a pattern delveloping when the rain started and we left.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Went Saturday to a private lake and caught about 30. Several nice ones with biggest right under 9 pounds. Caught them all on a #5 shad rap

All mine came on A rig.

Caught about half and half on spinner bait and crank bait. Fish were starting to move up on the trees in the afternoon, bigger too. but we had already pushed our luck on the rain and it was misting heavy. Didn’t want to have to drag out a rain suit. . Good day fish but more fish would have been a bonus.
    Henry Ford

Anyone seeing crappie moved up on Hartwell?

Took my Sister Shad fishing yesterday. She has never seen a 4 pound Shad before, and had a good time helping me add some more Catfish bait to the freezer...
    Last edited by stlhunr; 03-13-2019 at 01:20 PM.

Fun stuff. Crappie are not moved up at my local lake

Fun stuff. Crappie are not moved up at my local lake
    Deep on blalock? I caught a 5 gallon bucket full probably at Bowen the other day in 15-17 foot of water. They were real cold and didnít have any color to them so they been deep awhile. Mostly 6-8 inch fish so they were little but did keep 10 that were 10-12 inches long

Yea. Around 15-20. I am waiting for shallow. Never got into the whole spider rigging stuff. Looks like i need to. I didnít really do anything but check water temp 58

Yea. Around 15-20. I am waiting for shallow. Never got into the whole spider rigging stuff. Looks like i need to. I didnít really do anything but check water temp 58
    I havenít got in the spider rigging either. I went to Murray this morning and we caught about 30 and probably 10 of them was 2+ pounds. Lot better quality fish than what I can catch at Bowen. Still deep down there as well

I haven’t got in the spider rigging either. I went to Murray this morning and we caught about 30 and probably 10 of them was 2+ pounds. Lot better quality fish than what I can catch at Bowen. Still deep down there as well
    Dang it boy.

Caught 5 from 730-10 up river. 2 stripes and a 3 spots All on jig head fluke. Nothing over 3lbs. I did lay eyes on a school of bigger fishing Teenagers I would say. To far away. Good quick trip. This was Hartwell by the way

Caught 5 from 730-10 up river. 2 stripes and a 3 spots All on jig head fluke. Nothing over 3lbs. I did lay eyes on a school of bigger fishing Teenagers I would say. To far away. Good quick trip. This was Hartwell by the way
    Went to Bowen today. Found fish but like last trip there they were small. Did get a limit of 10 inch fish which will make a good fish fry but nothing to get excited about. Water temp 53

Went to Bowen today. Found fish but like last trip there they were small. Did get a limit of 10 inch fish which will make a good fish fry but nothing to get excited about. Water temp 53
    When i got back. I still had the fever so i went to blalock and found em. Left them biting. No lie easily caught 60-70 fish kept 10 and onr big perch. Biggest ones I turned back. Caught 3 over 2. Only had one small one believe it or not. All quality fish160B6AB8-BB9F-4099-A3F9-25D6D387C54F.jpgCCFA639D-6D54-4201-A121-8CADCD7FAED7.jpg i went to bass fish but after catching 3 on a crankbait. I switched ...

- - - Updated - - -

Water temp was 55

When i got back. I still had the fever so i went to blalock and found em. Left them biting. No lie easily caught 60-70 fish kept 10 and onr big perch. Biggest ones I turned back. Caught 3 over 2. Only had one small one believe it or not. All quality fish160B6AB8-BB9F-4099-A3F9-25D6D387C54F.jpgCCFA639D-6D54-4201-A121-8CADCD7FAED7.jpg i went to bass fish but after catching 3 on a crankbait. I switched ...

- - - Updated - - -

Water temp was 55
    Heck yeah!! Thatís fun right there.

Heck yeah!! That’s fun right there.
    Let me know when you ready to stock up. We will go

Went to Wylie this am. Water was 54 deg, murky looking, and all kinds of debris floating, from sticks to logs, large enough to take a foot off. It was 31 deg when we started, then got fairly breezy. Managed 4 largemouths, not much in size though. Left about noon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast