Advertise on SCONWhitetails Unlimited Taxidermy

Thread: Proposed new hunter ed law!

Default Proposed new hunter ed law!

Saw this on the news this morning, hope it's voted down and thrown out, another $25!

What was proposed ?

I think he is talking about this.
    https://www.counton2.com/news/south-...rse/1680755472

Even though exempt I took the training with my middle son. It was not difficult. After the test the GW called my name and I thought what did I do. Well I was the first person to ace their test. I was surprised. Most of the hunter were experienced hunters. Sure I could do it again.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Maybe the DNR just wants the $24.50 from each hunter. Just say'en.

Well I have seen a lot of people with guns that scared me with their lack of concern for safety and others around them. If it saves one life it would be a good thing, I took my course with my son in 1983.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Even though exempt I took the training with my middle son. It was not difficult. After the test the GW called my name and I thought what did I do. Well I was the first person to ace their test. I was surprised. Most of the hunter were experienced hunters. Sure I could do it again.
    Friends and I had to have Hunter Ed to be able to hunt in Colorado, since they require all hunters, regardless of age to have Hunter Ed. BIG surprise for some non-resident hunters when they go out west and can't buy a license without that Hunter Ed card.

We sat through the course...took the test after, and I finished in less than 4 minutes, buddy took less then 5. Both aced it.
    http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport037.gif

Quote Originally Posted by stlhunr View Post
    Friends and I had to have Hunter Ed to be able to hunt in Colorado, since they require all hunters, regardless of age to have Hunter Ed. BIG surprise for some non-resident hunters when they go out west and can't buy a license without that Hunter Ed card.

We sat through the course...took the test after, and I finished in less than 4 minutes, buddy took less then 5. Both aced it.
    That is why I took it just in case I needed it sometime along the line in another state.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

I took mine when my son and daughter took theirs. I don't remember if they charged anything back then.

I have taken it twice once when I was 14 (a long time ago) in Pa. and again when my son was 14 or 15 here in SC

Quote Originally Posted by STANLEY View Post
    I have taken it twice once when I was 14 (a long time ago) in Pa. and again when my son was 14 or 15 here in SC
    Did it change much in all those years Stanley
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Did it change much in all those years Stanley
    It was in 2 separate states but pretty much the same as I remember. The 1st time I took it I was with the Boy Scouts and part of my shooting merit badge (I think). Some of the laws are way different in Pa than here in SC. Like you had to display your hunting license while hunting. It was like a 3" x 4" card that you pinned on your back. Any way the course was very easy to pass mostly common sense