Advertise on SCONWhitetails Unlimited Taxidermy
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Proposed new hunter ed law!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    summerville, sc
    Posts
    125

    Default Proposed new hunter ed law!

    Saw this on the news this morning, hope it's voted down and thrown out, another $25!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    upstate
    Posts
    5,153

    Default

    What was proposed ?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Seneca, sc
    Posts
    672

    Default

    I think he is talking about this.
    https://www.counton2.com/news/south-...rse/1680755472

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,079

    Default

    Even though exempt I took the training with my middle son. It was not difficult. After the test the GW called my name and I thought what did I do. Well I was the first person to ace their test. I was surprised. Most of the hunter were experienced hunters. Sure I could do it again.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Murrells Inlet SC
    Posts
    817

    Default

    Maybe the DNR just wants the $24.50 from each hunter. Just say'en.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Ladson SC
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Well I have seen a lot of people with guns that scared me with their lack of concern for safety and others around them. If it saves one life it would be a good thing, I took my course with my son in 1983.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Summerville S.C.
    Posts
    4,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Even though exempt I took the training with my middle son. It was not difficult. After the test the GW called my name and I thought what did I do. Well I was the first person to ace their test. I was surprised. Most of the hunter were experienced hunters. Sure I could do it again.
    Friends and I had to have Hunter Ed to be able to hunt in Colorado, since they require all hunters, regardless of age to have Hunter Ed. BIG surprise for some non-resident hunters when they go out west and can't buy a license without that Hunter Ed card.

    We sat through the course...took the test after, and I finished in less than 4 minutes, buddy took less then 5. Both aced it.
    http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport037.gif

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stlhunr View Post
    Friends and I had to have Hunter Ed to be able to hunt in Colorado, since they require all hunters, regardless of age to have Hunter Ed. BIG surprise for some non-resident hunters when they go out west and can't buy a license without that Hunter Ed card.

    We sat through the course...took the test after, and I finished in less than 4 minutes, buddy took less then 5. Both aced it.
    That is why I took it just in case I needed it sometime along the line in another state.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,082

    Default

    I took mine when my son and daughter took theirs. I don't remember if they charged anything back then.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Seneca, sc
    Posts
    672

    Default

    I have taken it twice once when I was 14 (a long time ago) in Pa. and again when my son was 14 or 15 here in SC

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STANLEY View Post
    I have taken it twice once when I was 14 (a long time ago) in Pa. and again when my son was 14 or 15 here in SC
    Did it change much in all those years Stanley
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Seneca, sc
    Posts
    672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Did it change much in all those years Stanley
    It was in 2 separate states but pretty much the same as I remember. The 1st time I took it I was with the Boy Scouts and part of my shooting merit badge (I think). Some of the laws are way different in Pa than here in SC. Like you had to display your hunting license while hunting. It was like a 3" x 4" card that you pinned on your back. Any way the course was very easy to pass mostly common sense

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •