Advertise on SCONUTS Web Solutions

Thread: Goose hunting

Default Goose hunting

Anyone have any pointers for geese. Thinking about hitting up an island on Hartwell near the dam.

Quote Originally Posted by sluggin View Post
    Anyone have any pointers for geese. Thinking about hitting up an island on Hartwell near the dam.
    Resident Canada’s are difficult to hunt. They know where to go and where not to go. They tend to fly from safe area to safe area. Watch their flight path as they generally fly exactly the same path every day. To decoy you need to be at a place they normally are heading to feed. If you get in the path I have had some decent pass shooting though. Better on pond or grain field they are using daily. Good luck.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Resident Canada’s are difficult to hunt. They know where to go and where not to go. They tend to fly from safe area to safe area. Watch their flight path as they generally fly exactly the same path every day. To decoy you need to be at a place they normally are heading to feed. If you get in the path I have had some decent pass shooting though. Better on pond or grain field they are using daily. Good luck.
    Thank you sir!!!!

My Daughter's school bus killed one a couple of days ago. Bunch of suburban Canada Geese around here. They fly over our house every morning.
    http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport037.gif

Quote Originally Posted by stlhunr View Post
    My Daughter's school bus killed one a couple of days ago. Bunch of suburban Canada Geese around here. They fly over our house every morning.
    Yes I watch them every morning flying off retention ponds near my office and going to ponds near the house in the evening.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Hopefully i will see a few on Hartwell. I just ordered me some decoys

Saw a good many geese on Wylie over the weekend by themself and calling like crazy I suspect looking for a mate. They could be easy.
    Henry Ford

Isn't duck/goose season over?

Feb. 13 - Feb. 28 late season for snows and Canada goose

Heard a bunch of them on Russelville Flats at Lake Moultrie yesterday morning.

Isn’t it illegal to hunt geese there?

Quote Originally Posted by sluggin View Post
    Isn’t it illegal to hunt geese there?

No Goose hunting restriction on Lake Moultrie. I know the lower section of Lake Marion is closed to Goose hunting though.

Red and I were hunting near that area this morning where I heard the Geese Thursday morning. Heard nine shots come from that area this morning.

Thanks guys