Whitetails Unlimited TaxidermyUTS Web Solutions

Thread: Remington 700 custom build 300wsm

Default Remington 700 custom build 300wsm

I have a Remington 700 in 300wsm. Is has a 25" matte stainless Hart barrel, bore is nice. HS Presision stock, a Timney trigger, box mag and a over size knob spiral cut bolt. Also have almost 2 boxes of ammo.9208938_03_remington_700_custom_640.jpg9208938_02_remington_700_custom_640.jpg

Very nice build. I am the second owner. Shoots very well. $1150obo or trades. Greenville area

That looks to me like custom bolt with a straight bolt throw. The stock is also cut for a straight throw bolt. I can't tell from the picture if it is a one piece machined bolt or someone assembled the bolt with the straight handle....either way a good looking build.

Do you know if the action was trued? That might mean the barrel has slightly oversized threads.

That is a great price just from a parts stand point. Somebody should be along in a second to jump on this!
    Yippee Ki Yay

Quote Originally Posted by Jester896 View Post
    That looks to me like custom bolt with a straight bolt throw. The stock is also cut for a straight throw bolt. I can't tell from the picture if it is a one piece machined bolt or someone assembled the bolt with the straight handle....either way a good looking build.

Do you know if the action was trued? That might mean the barrel has slightly oversized threads.

That is a great price just from a parts stand point. Somebody should be along in a second to jump on this!
    Yes the action was trued. Thanks

Do you know if the tenon is oversized from the truing?
    Yippee Ki Yay

Quote Originally Posted by Jester896 View Post
    Do you know if the tenon is oversized from the truing?
    Honestly not sure. I didn't have it built, I bought it this way.