Advertise on SCONAdvertise on SCON

Thread: Savage Anschutz Mark 12

Default Savage Anschutz Mark 12

not sure if these followed me home... or if I chased them down...they could be Baby Dolls...but that would mean they might be female

I have seen them listed in a few places
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/797695727

the bluing looks pretty good...I would say excellent for the age. There are some dents and dings....minor handling really.

sights are in good shape too and there are still stuff available for them either at Champion, Lee Shaver and a few other places

I am in the process of cleaning barrels and running a borescope in them to make sure all is good
    Yippee Ki Yay

Having one of those would be awesome but two is heavenly!

Quote Originally Posted by qwikshot View Post
    Having one of those would be awesome but two is heavenly!
    just one of these are mine...i just happen to have 2 of them...he has one left! Also has a higher end 54 Match with a 15X Lyman scope in a wooden box...I can hook you up
    Yippee Ki Yay

Very nice! I love target 22 rifles.

Mossberg US M44, US M144
    Remington 513T
    Kimber Model 82 Government
    Harrington Richardson M12
    Formerly Bill SC Hunter from the SCDNR Forums

Got military surplus weapons you want to get rid of? Lemme know!

Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

Quote Originally Posted by parallax View Post
    Very nice! I love target 22 rifles.

Mossberg US M44, US M144
    Remington 513T
    Kimber Model 82 Government
    Harrington Richardson M12
    My buddy(Dillon 1050 and Cement mixer guy) has the Mossberg you mention in an unfired state. He also has a Remington 40X and another one might be the HR. My other good buddy (gunsmith) has a Remington but I don't know which one. A case of Tenex is running about $175 and we are about to smell a bunch of rimfire powder.
    Yippee Ki Yay

My first time really using this type of sight system. Still not confident with the sight picture I'm getting.

Picked these up to see what it likes

IMG_2334.jpg

Walked it in with the Wolf Match

Wolf.jpg

This is a 5 shot group with the Eley Benchrest...don't think it likes that

Eley.jpg

A 5 Shot with the S-K...looks like it likes it best

SK.jpg
    Yippee Ki Yay

Jester came through on a nice firearm. I was pleasantly surprised with condition and can’t wait to shoot her. Arrived just as promised to my FFL. Picked it up today. Great doing business with ya. Thanks Jester.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Man I am GLAD you are happy! The guy had them numbered on the front right under the barrel. I am sure they all shot a little different. You see what # you got ...right? Graf ran a sale on the S-K and I missed it trying to decide how much to buy...now they are out. Next closest price is Champions Choice. I ordered a box of Tenex and a couple others to try. So far the S-K is working in mine. If I can send you a piece of a box of something to try let me know. I think the reason the Benchrest didn't shoot well is the lub was drying out...kinda chalky.

I ran my scope down your barrel and it looks GREAT! I think if you run a wet patch in your it will be fine...no build ups at all. Keep me posted on how it shoots...might have to bump up there for a Match with ya.
    Yippee Ki Yay

Quote Originally Posted by Jester896 View Post
    Man I am GLAD you are happy! The guy had them numbered on the front right under the barrel. I am sure they all shot a little different. You see what # you got ...right? Graf ran a sale on the S-K and I missed it trying to decide how much to buy...now they are out. Next closest price is Champions Choice. I ordered a box of Tenex and a couple others to try. So far the S-K is working in mine. If I can send you a piece of a box of something to try let me know. I think the reason the Benchrest didn't shoot well is the lub was drying out...kinda chalky.

I ran my scope down your barrel and it looks GREAT! I think if you run a wet patch in your it will be fine...no build ups at all. Keep me posted on how it shoots...might have to bump up there for a Match with ya.
    Thanks I will try the S-K first. 10:4 on the shoot I will check out the number. BTY I think my FFL wanted to keep it. Thanks again.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    BTY I think my FFL wanted to keep it.
    we coulda got him one...probably still available or the better grade 54...think he is asking $1,750 for that one with the 15X scope.
    Yippee Ki Yay

I'll ask him.
    Henry Ford

Don't know if I mentioned it but the Possum Hollow #108 I believe is the bore guide for it and to remove the bolt hold the trigger to the rear.
    Yippee Ki Yay