Advertise on SCONSouthern Junkey

Thread: Your Firearms Value

Default Your Firearms Value

Is less if you stipple the Glock with a woodburning kit,Any firearm that has spray paint on it.Has wire or hose clamps or super glue holding any part on.You have whittled on the stock with a Dremel tool.And it is probably not all right that you lost or broke that tiny piece. What else have you seen for sale at above retail prices?

Guns are much like trading cards. They are only worth what someone else is willing to pay. That family heirloom is only priceless to you. That being said I never sold very many guns, only a few discards. Most are still in my possession except those I passed on to the sons.

One word of wisdom or lack of, gift those you want to pass on before you get to old so the recipients can enjoy. It is enjoyable to see them get new life. I have a quiet a few worth good money but less that are really special to me. I want them in the right hands.

The discards were generally not worth keeping and either inaccurate or had the superglue you mentioned.

The miss I made was a Belgium sweet sixteen in pristene condition I really wanted. At a pawn shop, wanted twice what it was worth at the time. I tried for two years to buy it but it really wasn’t for sale. Pawn shop closed, wonder what ever happened to that beauty. Still looking, passed another at a reasonable price but it was a Utah Browning.
    Last edited by Iceman; 02-11-2019 at 07:38 PM.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Guns are much like trading cards. They are only worth what someone else is willing to pay. That family heirloom is only priceless to you. That being said I never sold very many guns, only a few discards. Most are still in my possession except those I passed on to the sons.

One word of wisdom or lack of, gift those you want to pass on before you get to old so the recipients can enjoy. It is enjoyable to see them get new life. I have a quiet a few worth good money but less that are really special to me. I want them in the right hands.

The discards were generally not worth keeping and either inaccurate or had the superglue you mentioned.

The miss I made was a Belgium sweet sixteen in pristene condition I really wanted. At a pawn shop, wanted twice what it was worth at the time. I tried for two years to buy it but it really wasn’t for sale. Pawn shop closed, wonder what ever happened to that beauty. Still looking, passed another at a reasonable price but it was a Utah Browning.
    This one is at Cherry's Fine Guns in Greensboro if you are interested. Not cheap but condition is about as good as they get. Just like mine but in much better shape.
    http://www.cherrys.com/stokpics/69182.jpg
    Formerly Bill SC Hunter from the SCDNR Forums

Got military surplus weapons you want to get rid of? Lemme know!

Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

Thanks Bill I will check it out. Really wanted the round knob stock but the flat pistol grip is a newer gun I think. Saw a rough girl on gun broker but the rib on the barrel,was boogered up. A barrel cost nearly as much as a used gun. It could be repaired but then it would have to be reblued.
    Last edited by Iceman; 02-12-2019 at 06:09 PM.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford