Advertise on SCONSwamp Boogers
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good news for Doe tag haters

Tater50 hope you did not get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater50 View Post
    Well I got a head start tonight. I killed a big doe with the front end of my truck. Killed her instantly, and didnt use a tag
    My last truck kill was a 6 point. Cost $3500.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    My last truck kill was a 6 point. Cost $3500.
    Yeah have to deal with all that. Drive old trucks hunting and for years. Got a new F250 and then hit a deer. Oh well could have been worse, it can be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater50 View Post
    Well I got a head start tonight. I killed a big doe with the front end of my truck. Killed her instantly, and didnt use a tag
    That sucks!! You didn't burn a tag but for the cost of repairs, you probably would've been able to go on an all expense paid guided elk hunting trip. Lol!

Hope everyone is ok.
    ďIn a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.Ē -Theodore Roosevelt

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

Taste the same

NO it don't
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Huntforever View Post
    Taste the same
    Yep, just cut away the bloodshot portions and process the rest. Revenge, in this instance is best served from the grill!
    NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Palmetto Gun Rights, NAGR, GOA, Second Amendment Foundation, and proud SC redneck still flying The Stars and Bars.

NO it don't
    You are right. If I hit one I leave it beside the road. Cuz I'm so pissed off at it for happening.........Vehicle tenderized venison isn't usually worth messing with any way.

Quote Originally Posted by The Happy Kaboomer View Post
    Cuz I'm so pissed off at it for happening..........
    That alone kills the taste. Usually at the time it happens it is difficult to have to deal with at that time. The one I hit was about 100 yards from the club gate. The meat was ok as we just took it back to the club and dressed. Only going about 25 mph and still wiped out the front end. It’s a good story anyway, my $3500 deer meat.
    Henry Ford

Any update on the bill?

That alone kills the taste. Usually at the time it happens it is difficult to have to deal with at that time. The one I hit was about 100 yards from the club gate. The meat was ok as we just took it back to the club and dressed. Only going about 25 mph and still wiped out the front end. Itís a good story anyway, my $3500 deer meat.
    I hit one going hunting one morning.... saw the most deer in one morning that I had seen that year.... 2 miles from the gate to the hunting land, found it by finding all the missing pieces of my Toyota on the highway, and walking into the woods.... expensive as well, ugliest rack buck you have ever seen, but was 195 lbs. Jumped down off a ditch bank directly into the road 2ft in front of my truck going 45mph, nothing I could do at that point.

I've seen more road killed deer so far this spring than I can ever remember in the past. In some areas there are two or three in less than one mile of highway.
    NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Palmetto Gun Rights, NAGR, GOA, Second Amendment Foundation, and proud SC redneck still flying The Stars and Bars.

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas4 View Post
    I've seen more road killed deer so far this spring than I can ever remember in the past. In some areas there are two or three in less than one mile of highway.
    Yep. Almost daily. And the dnr says the population is down......Maybe other places but not here in the south.

Quote Originally Posted by The Happy Kaboomer View Post
    Yep. Almost daily. And the dnr says the population is down......Maybe other places but not here in the south.
    Itís the same up here next to the state line. Deer litter the roads and cant have a garden anymore either without a high fence. 30 or so years ago you couldnít find a deer track around here anywhere and now they are in every little woodlot around including in city limits.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12