Advertise on SCONWhitetails Unlimited Taxidermy

Thread: Hunt club near Blenheim SC. 5000+acres

Default Hunt club near Blenheim SC. 5000+acres

Good friend of mine has a couple of openings in their club. Located on the Pee Dee River just off I95. Good deer plus turkey and excellent hog hunting.
    PM me for contact info.
    Around 22 member limit, 19 at present.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men.

Nice area. Plenty of hogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Knowledge is true opinion." ~ Plato

"We shall never achieve harmony with land, any more than we shall achieve absolute justice or liberty for people. In these higher aspirations, the important thing is not to achieve but to strive. "-Aldo Leopold

Do you know how much for membership?
    Capt Rick Hiott
    Charleston,SC

Rick the lease is $49,000. 20 members put it just under $2500. They would like to have 25-30 members to get cost down. There is a compound inside the property for campers. They have a well and use generators for power They leave their 4 wheelers there with camper. Probably around 8 RVs rest stay off site or come for day. Some from NC come just to hog hunt.

There's an oxbow lake in there that is fun to fish. Never hear a human sight or sound. Good fishing too.

WoW!,,,Ok
    Capt Rick Hiott
    Charleston,SC

Is that a lot for hunt club? I've never been in one so I have no idea what they cost. I thought 5000 acres was a lot of land and it a year around access, deer, turkey in season and hogs year round. but I didn't know what they typically run.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaRay View Post
    Is that a lot for hunt club? I've never been in one so I have no idea what they cost. I thought 5000 acres was a lot of land and it a year around access, deer, turkey in season and hogs year round. but I didn't know what they typically run.
    It's not a bad price for what you're getting.

I was that club for a couple of years. Year round hunting and fishing. Hog hunts are near 50% with a bow and 80% with a gun. Turkey limit was 2 I never spent more days hunting before tagging out. But more timber has been cut now. Deer hunting was good with good management rules.

It is worth dime but I donít have time to drive an 1hr and hunt anymore.

"We shall never achieve harmony with land, any more than we shall achieve absolute justice or liberty for people. In these higher aspirations, the important thing is not to achieve but to strive. "-Aldo Leopold

Marlboro or Dillon county? 10 dollars an acre seems like a lot for either county. I Can remember paying $30/year to be in a club that had 3000 acres in Marlboro.

Quote Originally Posted by driftmaster View Post
    Marlboro or Dillon county? 10 dollars an acre seems like a lot for either county. I Can remember paying $30/year to be in a club that had 3000 acres in Marlboro.
    Marlboro.

$10 is not high for hogs, deer, turkeys, ducks and fish of river bottom land. We shot doves one year over polkberry.

Land not along the river is worth no more than $6 per acre.

Land on the PeeDee river in that area goes for $7-10/ac, but only because most of the land in that area is owned by the same 1-2 companies. That club is almost void of hardwoods now, pretty much just pines and cut down. They still have plenty of hogs, but no where along the river has hogs like it did before the flooding. I'm wondering why the past few years they are looking for members because they used to keep a waiting list.

Quote Originally Posted by SCbowhunter1000 View Post
    Land not along the river is worth no more than $6 per acre.

It used to be that way. Unfortunately, most non river front land is more expensive than river front here due to (as I stated above) most river land here in Marlboro county is owned by the same few companies and are large clubs that have been around before you and I were born. The prices on the other land is being driven up big time by out of state hunters from NC and FL. The new CWD law in NC did get rid of a few, but not nearly enough.

Is this wahee?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiller Ridge View Post
    Is this wahee?
    No it is Ragtown. Named for old community that was there many years ago..

I missed the blenheim part. Saw pee dee and ws thinking wahee. I know a few fellas that were in ragtown. Think they used to do well on ducks

Any openings left?