Camera Land, IncSwamp Boogers

Thread: New Project

Default New Project

Making shot with the Oasis Shot Maker. Ran first batch of #8's today. No more paying $45.00 a bag for shot. This thing will pay for itself in no time. Catch bucket is filled with fabric softener and is about 14" deep. Fabric softener provides the right emulsification for the shot drop. Water doesn't work. It would cool the shot to fast and it wouldn't be round when it landed in the bottom of the bucket. Shot is run through a screen to screen out the large and bad pieces. When it is dry it will be tumbled with graphite and ready to go.(All shot is tumbled with graphite. Keeps it from oxidizing and makes it run through loaders better.) My lead cost is free from my tire dealer. I have a ton or so on hand since I cast lots of bullets too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by The Happy Kaboomer; 03-08-2019 at 09:02 PM.

That is pretty neat boomer. I knew they screened and dropped the shot to make it but I never thought about the water being to cold.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Making second batch. About 70 lbs. or so. Drying now so I can sift and graphite/bag tomorrow. Gonna put it away and shoot some now! next batch will be #9's. I should have done this years ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Finished run. Sifted-cleaned and graphited. 106 lbs. of finished shot ready to go.

My home made shot seems to bust clays as good as the factory shot does.

Success! Good job. Did you pattern any loads on paper to see what they are doing?
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Success! Good job. Did you pattern any loads on paper to see what they are doing?
    Not yet but I will. Shooting 20 ga/28 ga/410 I'm busting just as many birds as with bought shot.........My only fault with shooting clays is follow through. I'm trying hard to correct that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Happy Kaboomer View Post
    My only fault with shooting clays is follow through. I'm trying hard to correct that.
    are you pulling through and firing? try a sustained lead for a bit
    Yippee Ki Yay

Quote Originally Posted by Jester896 View Post
    are you pulling through and firing? try a sustained lead for a bit
    I mount and swing from low gun position. Swing and shoot. I sometimes uncontisously (sp?) stop when I pull the trigger. Forcing myself to to follow through results in more hits.