Camera Land, IncUTS Web Solutions

Thread: Caught my first "Corn Bandit" last night !!!!

Default Caught my first "Corn Bandit" last night !!!!

Caught this rascal on my first night with a live trap -- ( 1 down & several to go**) __ I sprayed the trap,when I set it with the same stuff I use for scent blocker on my hunting clothes,to cover human scent, Scent Killer 99% ( worked last night**) --he was very quite,when I arrived -- covered the trap with a towel to take him for a ride and he remained calm for the ""photo shoot"" -- some buddies that coon hunt said they'll turn him loose & give him about a half hour head start,before releasing the hounds -- I did take him a little over 10 miles from his home ( as recommended ) and told those guys not to run him my way

Question for you trappers -- can you bait a live trap for coyotes ?? __ Fox ?? -- if so what's the best bait ?? I realize they will be more cautious ,but was wonderin' if I might could rid the place of a few,while I was in the mood ??

IMG_0001 (2).jpgIMG_0004 (2).jpg

You'll probably need the largest live trap they make.

I may get a bigger trap for the yotes,but from what I have read,them rascals are pretty smart about the traps** __ may see if I'm ""smarter than a 5th grader ?????

Caught another "CORN BANDIT" last night -- he was a little bigger & meaner than the first one -- wanted to growl & snap at me,when I first arrived -- I used a pair of pliers & gloves,when handling the trap __to save on fingers

IMG_0005 (2).jpg

I catch and release corn bandits all the time. They mess with my ducks. A month ago, I caught a young otter. That was a surprise. I use honey buns for bait. I never caught a fox or yoke in a live trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Monk View Post
    I may get a bigger trap for the yotes,but from what I have read,them rascals are pretty smart about the traps** __ may see if I'm ""smarter than a 5th grader ?????

Caught another "CORN BANDIT" last night -- he was a little bigger & meaner than the first one -- wanted to growl & snap at me,when I first arrived -- I used a pair of pliers & gloves,when handling the trap __to save on fingers

IMG_0005 (2).jpg

I catch Raccoons in my yard, in a live trap that is designed for large Squirrels ( the intended target ) and they are more " compacted " than yours are...how they manage to get into the trap without setting it off first in hard to believe.
    http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport037.gif

Quote Originally Posted by stlhunr View Post
    I catch Raccoons in my yard, in a live trap that is designed for large Squirrels ( the intended target ) and they are more " compacted " than yours are...how they manage to get into the trap without setting it off first in hard to believe.
    I know what you mean stihunr ___ and then they can turn around,after they get inside & are caught**** didn't set the trap back today,because we are playing golf early tomorrow -- I will put a trap out tomorrow afternoon and see if I can catch another ____________Monk

Any secrets too trapping squirrels in the yard, I have been trying but no success:confused
    Be careful even monkeys fall out of trees. www.whitetailsunlimitedtaxidermy.com www.swampboogers.com

SPONSOR

Quote Originally Posted by deerman View Post
    Any secrets too trapping squirrels in the yard, I have been trying but no success:confused
    Live trap baited with unshelled Pecans. Have used Sunflower seeds and unshelled Peanuts for bait too, but the birds will steal those if the Squirrels don't find them first.

I only leave one trap door up, and put the Pecans on the other side of the trigger plate, where the other door is closed, so they have to cross it to get at the Pecans. Doesn't hurt to smear some Peanut Butter on the trigger pan too.
    http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport037.gif

Live trap baited with unshelled Pecans. Have used Sunflower seeds and unshelled Peanuts for bait too, but the birds will steal those if the Squirrels don't find them first.

I only leave one trap door up, and put the Pecans on the other side of the trigger plate, where the other door is closed, so they have to cross it to get at the Pecans. Doesn't hurt to smear some Peanut Butter on the trigger pan too.
    Peanuts works good. Peanut butter on rasion bread is also good and a real killer for chipmunks. I will catch a chipmunk a day till they are gone. Peanut butter and bread works great on mouse traps. You can generally catch them in about 15 minutes if it is quiet.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

I have 5 pecan trees in my yard. It's impossible to trap them with so much food around.
    Formerly Bill SC Hunter from the SCDNR Forums

Got military surplus weapons you want to get rid of? Lemme know!

Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

Grandaddy had about 25 massive pecan trees on his farm which was a major income for him. They shot squirrels all year long if they ventured into the trees. Not many in there cause they didn't live long.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford