Advertise on SCONUTS Web Solutions

Thread: New Zealand massacre

Default New Zealand massacre

Look for New Zealand to quickly enact sweeping gun control measures to include registration and at least the confiscation of any "military style" or all semi-auto firearms while emotions are running high in the wake of this shooting. They'll do it because there are no constitutional protections on the right to keep and bear firearms. Of course our own leftist media will start the call for the same thing here in the states again if they haven't already. Especially since the attacks were on Muslims. I bet Don Lemon of CNN will try to find a way that Trump is responsible for the shooting.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by parallax; 03-15-2019 at 03:55 AM.
    Formerly Bill SC Hunter from the SCDNR Forums

Got military surplus weapons you want to get rid of? Lemme know!

Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

I was under the impression that AR style firearms were already illegal in New Zealand just as in Australia. According to the news reports the shooter was an Aussie and not from New Zealand. He was a follower of the crazy Netherlands mass murderer, as well.
    NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Palmetto Gun Rights, NAGR, GOA, Second Amendment Foundation, and proud SC redneck still flying The Stars and Bars.

I may be wrong... but I thought a report I heard said he used an automatic weapon and not a semi-automatic weapon
    Yippee Ki Yay

I just read a comment on FB from someone who lived in NZ. He outlined the firearms laws and stated they have various levels of gun ownership similar to drivers licenses here in the US. Someone can have a base gun permit that allows them to own a hunting rifle at level A, but as ownership progresses they can get a permit that allows them to own a handgun or a semi-auto like having a chauffer's license or a CDL.

Also in his manifesto, this shooter stated that he hoped his actions would affect the US and force our laws to change so that more gun restrictions would be enacted.

Did you see AOC's comments blaming the NRA for this incident???????
    NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Palmetto Gun Rights, NAGR, GOA, Second Amendment Foundation, and proud SC redneck still flying The Stars and Bars.

Quote Originally Posted by parallax View Post
    Look for New Zealand to quickly enact sweeping gun control measures to include registration and at least the confiscation of any "military style" or all semi-auto firearms while emotions are running high in the wake of this shooting. They'll do it because there are no constitutional protections on the right to keep and bear firearms. Of course our own leftist media will start the call for the same thing here in the states again if they haven't already. Especially since the attacks were on Muslims. I bet Don Lemon of CNN will try to find a way that Trump is responsible for the shooting.

Thoughts?
    Ocasional Cortex has already claimed it was Trumps fault since he stopped funding on anti white Supremacists group research started by Obama. She is to stupid to realize New Zealand is a different country. The perp was an Australian so where did he get the weapon?
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Have they released information on the weapon?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

Have they released information on the weapon?

I read automatic rifles ???( Don’t really know what that means to media)and shotguns. Also said at the second site a,worshiper returned fire with a shotgun, I doubt that. But they are in the process of creating hero actions that occurred during the attack by victims. Gotta have someone to make the talk shows rounds. Others are asking to have the manifesto made public and how he may have been influenced by a similar act in Norway years back. Pleas do not as it only triggers the crazy’s into copy cat incidents. Believe me nothing this guys has to say is worth listening to by the public.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Started with semi auto shotgun. Ditched that and went to full auto AR. Went to car and traded for a second AR. After driving off from first mosque he used a pump shotgun from his car. Had a few three more long guns on the seat. That was end of video.

Just as predicted (easy), the Prime Minister has announced that “There will be changes to our gun laws,”. It's the old..."we must do something" ideology, I guess.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/17/w...-shooting.html

Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

I read that in an article but it also said they had fairly reasonable laws on firearms. You could have most any type of firearm but you hade to have a license to own. I don't think a license is fairly liberal firearms laws. The license was graduated in the type of weapon you could own. Lice a class a, b , or d license dealing with long guns, hand guns, semi automatic, and automatic weapons. There will be a cry to abolish firearms ownership in NZ.
    Henry Ford

Registration will prove to be the means of confiscation for certain in NZ. That's why we should vigorously appose any further form of licensing or registration here in the U.S.

Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

Very true. However even with registration it would be difficult in the US. There is no way to register all the firearms in circulation. They can try but they will fail.
    Henry Ford

I hate to say this but if the mood of our country, after more mass shootings occur, new laws may be enacted possibly requiring registration of at least some types of weapons.
    If so, highly publicized hard military style raids on "selected firearms owner's" where injuries or deaths occur will push many that resist the new registrations to simply comply, to protect their families.

It won't happen under Trump but could if the conservatives lose all power in gov't.

Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

When NY tried to initiate registration on AR type weapons and high capacity magizines so few complied they did not know which way to turn. Many in law enforcement also refused to comply. I don't know their status today.
    Henry Ford

Fortunately there are still enough sensible people in government to keep the morons in line but I'm afraid that may not hold for very long. Like I said, it depends on the mood of the everyday people and what they might demand of their representatives if mass shootings continue or God forbid, increase. I believe this social media thing might inspire more crazies to try to show each other up in the near future. I'd like to be more positive but cannot force myself not to trust my gut feelings on things these days.

Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

Fortunately there are still enough sensible people in government to keep the morons in line but I'm afraid that may not hold for very long. Like I said, it depends on the mood of the everyday people and what they might demand of their representatives if mass shootings continue or God forbid, increase. I believe this social media thing might inspire more crazies to try to show each other up in the near future. I'd like to be more positive but cannot force myself not to trust my gut feelings on things these days.
    I am not nearly as positive as you Bill. It seems those sensible people in government are in the minority these days.

The social media thing is going to be the downfall of society as I see more bad than good coming from it these days. I also have changed my opinion of video game. Before I would have said BS this has nothing to do with the fools actions. However this guy had a camera on his helmet and live streamed it on SM. Viewers said it looked just like the violent video games they have played. I also think the younger generation hooked on the violent games loose their sense of humanity and are numb to the violence. They show no empathy in this regard. In real life death is a permanent condition. When you shoot someone there is no tomorrow, no restart, no replay, no rematch, or no redo. Its game over.
    Henry Ford

Yeah, I agree although I have thought for some years that violence in video games, in movies, TV and all have contributed to those who may be crazy or are just living without God or any other higher power to be accountable to. It is easier to escape reality if you believe in nothing at all.

I say God help us.

Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

In other news, there was a shooting on a train at Utrecht, Netherlands that killed three people. It's not a story that's jumping out at you when you go to yahoo, nor is it getting widely discussed on Twitter. Body count not high enough, I guess, or perhaps it doesn't fit a narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    In other news, there was a shooting on a train at Utrecht, Netherlands that killed three people. It's not a story that's jumping out at you when you go to yahoo, nor is it getting widely discussed on Twitter. Body count not high enough, I guess, or perhaps it doesn't fit a narrative.
    Only three dead. The perp was a rag so it doesn’t fit the narrative on the left. I saw it on fox new after lunch.
    Henry Ford

What about the murder of Christians in Nigeria and the burning of their church? Barely cracked the news. It doesn't fit the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster1 View Post
    What about the murder of Christians in Nigeria and the burning of their church? Barely cracked the news. It doesn't fit the narrative.
    The MSM is pushing white on brown attacks. White supremacy is the narrative. If it is not there make it up.
    Last edited by Iceman; 03-18-2019 at 07:18 PM.
    Henry Ford