Advertise on SCONAdvertise on SCON

Thread: Soon to be moving to SC

Default Soon to be moving to SC

My wife is the bread winner in the family as a nurse director so she has a job opportunity in Charleston SC... I知 familiar with the Francis Marion National Forest and I definitely plan to spend some time there... but I was hoping someone could suggest another are of public land that is close to the Charleston area....

Thanks for any help and I知 looking forward to meeting new people and hunting down south...

By the way I知 54 years old spent 8 years in the USMC lived in havelock NC for about 6 of those years... I知 married one son and I知 a industrial maintenance mechanic for Dap Inc in Baltimore Md and currently living in Southeast Pennsylvania... I知 a avid deer and turkey hunter...

Welcome to the forum. Can't help with the low country but I'm sure someone can

Quote Originally Posted by BWstickman View Post
    My wife is the bread winner in the family as a nurse director so she has a job opportunity in Charleston SC... I’m familiar with the Francis Marion National Forest and I definitely plan to spend some time there... but I was hoping someone could suggest another are of public land that is close to the Charleston area....

Thanks for any help and I’m looking forward to meeting new people and hunting down south...

By the way I’m 54 years old spent 8 years in the USMC lived in havelock NC for about 6 of those years... I’m married one son and I’m a industrial maintenance mechanic for Dap Inc in Baltimore Md and currently living in Southeast Pennsylvania... I’m a avid deer and turkey hunter...
    Parts of the FMNF are extremely close to Charleston. 30 minute drive to some great spots. You will love it. I'm sure there are places south and west of Charleston but imo they will be a farther drive.

You'll love hunting in SC. It's a beautiful state.

Welcome and enjoy