Camera Land, IncSwamp Boogers

Thread: Turkey in Barnwell County

Default Turkey in Barnwell County

Our club has been a little slack Turkey Hunting this year. We've only taken 2 so far. I've gone a few times but only seen one worth shooting that wasn't in range for me. The other hunter I was with swung and missed that bird. Anyone else had any luck? I"m going tomorrow so I hope to have something good to report.

Same on my club and the've only killed two and the hunters are not hearing anything either. Don't know if there's a boss gobbler that the rest are scared to gobble or what but before the season you could ride thru and see dozens in areas. I didn't hunt this year due to health but hate to see that happen on 5000 acres that had plenty of birds until they have almost cut the club where it looks like a desert.

I had one come out this morning that never gobbled. He was just out of range and I was set up in the wrong direction. He stayed a while and once he got out of visual range i slowly shifted. I called again but he was gone. After that I heard one on the other side of the property but he wasnt interested in me. I ran into the adjacent landowner trimming his portion of the road. I think he was over turkey season! One more day if I'm lucky. Hope you get to back in those woods soon.

Good luck to you and another thing about them not gobbling is Coyotes locate a turkey by their gobbling and the turkeys have learned that?