Advertise on SCONWhitetails Unlimited Taxidermy

Thread: Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Stuffed with Cream Cheese

Default Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Stuffed with Cream Cheese

I use a jalapeno that has been cut and half and deseeded. I then take fat free cream cheese and fill that half. I wrap the stuffed jalapeno with one slice of bacon so that it wraps around the jalapeno and covers the open half. I use toothpicks to hold it together. I have stuffed whole ones for myself but most people find a whole jalapeno to be too much. I then cook the jalapenos in the oven at 375 for 16 to 20 minutes. This all depends on the thickness of your bacon. Thicker bacon seems to take about 25 minutes. I use a baking dish with a "wall" or tall lip since the bacon produces some grease. Some longer slices of bacon that I have found can be cut in half to stretch the bacon a little further.

Sounds delicious! I cut the top off the jalapeno and clean out the seeds. I stuff with ground sausage and cheese. I bake in an upright holder(you can by them) in the oven till sausage is done. Delicious!!

I have one of those racks but haven't used it yet. I am going to try your recipe. It sounds fantastic.

I like these and have smoked them using various recipes. I have the upright rack and really like the way it works when I smoke them on my Weber kettle grill over natural charcoal and add Mesquite for smoking.

https://www.smoking-meat.com/june-8-...turds-aka-abts

Last edited by parallax; 05-14-2019 at 03:56 AM.
    Formerly Bill SC Hunter from the SCDNR Forums

Got military surplus weapons you want to get rid of? Lemme know!

Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net