Advertise on SCONWhitetails Unlimited Taxidermy

Thread: Anybody Remember These?

Default Anybody Remember These?

Activ shotgun shells. All plastic hull. A VERY hard hitting shell. Back in their day they were my turkey loads. The 3" had 2 1/4 oz. of nickel plated shot. The shell on the left has been reloaded 8 times and still shows ZERO signs of failure. Kent Cartridge bought ACTIV and promply shut them down never to be heard from again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I shot a truck load of those shells. Always wondered what happened to them.

I remember but haven't seen any of them in many years. It was a novel concept in its day. I guess folks like the shiny brass base better.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Remember them well . Still have-half case of #8 20 ga. field loads packaged in a yellow box with a cammo pattern and was at the time a KMart exclusive. Killed a truckload of dove with them. Thought I was getting a real "bargain" at the time for the price only to realize they were packaged in TWENTY round boxes
    Last edited by RonSC; 05-13-2019 at 05:01 PM.

I bought a couple of boxes of Kent turkey loads at Academy.They are loaded pretty hot and will rattle your teeth shot from an old A-5.

Buddyb back off the oil a little will help with the recoil. Haven’t shot anything but an A 5 since 16 years old. I read an article that Browning designed the friction rings to use 30 weight motor oil. Gun oil is about 15 weight. Never tried the 30 weight oil but may try it out. I did work on another guys A 5 in a dove field once that would not cycle. Tube was dry as your grandpappys scalp and didn’t have any gun oil. Pulled the dipstick out of the old ford and used that. Worked great.

The bismuth ammo will rattle your shoulder too.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

I have boxes 12s and 20s no complaints they work