Whitetails Unlimited TaxidermyCamera Land, Inc

Thread: Excel Viper F4

Default Excel Viper F4

Been awhile since I’ve been on, hope everyone has been doing well. I’m in the market for a new boat and I’ve been looking at the Excel Viper F4 1860 with an Etec 75. I’ve come across a lot of info, some good and some bad. I’d like to hear from anyone that has any recent info on their boats.

I’ll be using it for hunting and fishing, I’m in my third year for gator tags so maybe I’ll get lucky this year. I’ll be putting in at Murray, Congaree, Broad River, and occasionally down at the beach.

Thanks.

Why an "Etec"?
    Capt Rick Hiott
    Charleston,SC

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Rick Hiott View Post
    Why an "Etec"?
    Good question, honestly Ive been focusing on the hull at the moment. Im not set on an Etec, but Ive heard good things from those that run them. Also, theyve had some impressive warranty promotions lately.

What are your thoughts on outboard selection? Max hp for that hull is 75.

If you ever go to Charleston, go by a few of the marina's that have dry stack so you can see all the YAMAHA's hanging off the back of the boats.
    I would say its 95% or more. I ran one for 15 years back when I was a guide and never had a problem. (Other than wearing one out with almost 2,800 hours on it)

I wont buy anything else......
    Capt Rick Hiott
    Charleston,SC

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Rick Hiott View Post
    If you ever go to Charleston, go by a few of the marina's that have dry stack so you can see all the YAMAHA's hanging off the back of the boats.
    I would say its 95% or more. I ran one for 15 years back when I was a guide and never had a problem. (Other than wearing one out with almost 2,800 hours on it)

I wont buy anything else......
    I hear what youre saying, I know Yamaha has a big following for a reason, and Ill take a hard look at them when I get closer to pulling the trigger. This is a big purchase for me, gotta make sure everything is right.