Whitetails Unlimited TaxidermyWhitetails Unlimited Taxidermy

Thread: WANTED^^^^ Good Price On Cob Corn **

Default WANTED^^^^ Good Price On Cob Corn **

I think this comes up every year buTTTTT _______________ Anyone know of a good price this year on cob corn ?? Would like to get it ,last week of August __ about 100 bags or so __ I have a source,just trying to save a few $$$$$ __ if I can __ thanks Monk**

Some one should start a post about "Corn Prices" based on county areas.

Im seeing around 9-10 dollars per 50lb bag in the Charleston county area.
    Capt Rick Hiott
    Charleston,SC

How does the supp!y look ?

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Rick Hiott View Post

Paid $8 last year and $5 the year before. The $5 guy did not do cob last years so had to find a new source. Guy in Richburg usually has a good supply.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Rick Hiott View Post

Good idea Capt.

It's $8 - $10 per bag around Greenwood County -- year before last,I bought it for $6.50 per bag, from the guy in Hartsville,but can't get him to return my calls this year -- I guess $8 per bag ain't as bad as I thought ??

Corn is just now coming in so the price is yet to be determined. Still nice to know the price ranges around the state.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Right now one of the main sellers has cobbed corn and getting $8 a good bag. Most have not picked theirs yet but saw an ad for $7 and they plan to start sometime in the next few weeks. Thats the Walterboro Area.

Nobody picking corn up this way yet other than cutting for silage.
    Henry Ford

Just came back from ACE and they have a ton of cobbed in front of the store @ $8 in Walterboro.

Just ordered 100 bags for $7.50 per bag ( $8 for less than 100 ) -- ready end of August -- have always gotten really nice corn from this friend /farmer,in the past. I expect the same this year** He said he had a great looking crop this year,with all the rain we got* -- good luck guys,Monk**

I was just getting ready to post that Scout. I go by there a LOT!

The shelled is the same price....
    Capt Rick Hiott
    Charleston,SC

I just bought 100 bu. for $5.00/bu.. Shelled corn. Took my gravity wagon over to the farmer and he filled it. Last years corn. Gassed no weevils. Looks good.

I have a guy in Blythewood that was selling at $7. Ill swing by there today to see if hes stocked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CVMA_Bulldog View Post
    I have a guy in Blythewood that was selling at $7. I’ll swing by there today to see if he’s stocked up.

Is that cob or shelled
    Henry Ford

We are going to sell it for probably $7 for the 50lb white sacks. I’m in the northern upstate and the shuck is just now starting to turn so it’ll be a few more weeks til we pick. We do strictly cob. None around here yet so dont know what price will be but it was $9 in stores here last year. I like to sell it quick and get my expense money back and put enough back for seed fertilize and spray next year and then save what I need for myself and then hunt.

I bought a 50# bag yesterday (cob corn) at Coleman Farm Supply (hwy 101 Woodruff, SC; Spartanburg county) for $9 a bag. Pretty pricey but I really wanted the deer to get used to coming into my small plot. Hopefully the price will drop when it becomes more available.

I am thinking the tariffs and Midwest floods will push up the price. I have not checked the futures. A bunch of corn was planted late or not planted in the Midwest.

Good news is white oak crop looks good here.

"Knowledge is true opinion." ~ Plato

"We shall never achieve harmony with land, any more than we shall achieve absolute justice or liberty for people. In these higher aspirations, the important thing is not to achieve but to strive. "-Aldo Leopold