Whitetails Unlimited TaxidermyAdvertise on SCON

Thread: Roll Call

Default Roll Call

So where did all the bow hunters go?

I didn't get to use my bow last year due to an injury, but I plan on getting at it full force this year.

Anyone buy a new bow? Trying a different kind of BH?

I bought a thumb release, but I'm still trying to get used to it.

Bought a new Xbow, do those count...and some heavier Slick Tricks for this one.
    http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport037.gif

Quote Originally Posted by stlhunr View Post
    Bought a new Xbow, do those count...and some heavier Slick Tricks for this one.
    Ya. We will give you a pass since you are getting up there in age. Does Lil' Red like shooting it?

I bought a Mathews Creed XS and a React sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Knowledge is true opinion." ~ Plato

"We shall never achieve harmony with land, any more than we shall achieve absolute justice or liberty for people. In these higher aspirations, the important thing is not to achieve but to strive. "-Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by SCbowhunter1000 View Post
    I bought a Mathews Creed XS and a React sight.

Good sights. However, one of my good friends' is waiting on his to come back from repair. He's not too pleased with the amount of time it has taken.

I may order a 3 pin housing.

"We shall never achieve harmony with land, any more than we shall achieve absolute justice or liberty for people. In these higher aspirations, the important thing is not to achieve but to strive. "-Aldo Leopold

I'm all in.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleLungRage View Post
    Ya. We will give you a pass since you are getting up there in age. Does Lil' Red like shooting it?
    She does indeed like shooting it. May have her hunt with it some this season too. She wants to start Bowfishing next spring, so probably going to get her a Bowfishing setup for Xmas.

I may order a 3 pin housing.

I can't remember exactly what he said messed up on his. I think one of the adjustments stopped working. He said that their CS was really nice, but he was starting to get a little upset with the amount of time it was taking. His is a 5 pin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stlhunr View Post
    She does indeed like shooting it. May have her hunt with it some this season too. She wants to start Bowfishing next spring, so probably going to get her a Bowfishing setup for Xmas.
    That's cool. Now you are going to have to drop about $30k on a bow fishing rig.

" That's cool. Now you are going to have to drop about $30k on a bow fishing rig. "

NOPE!!!

My 16 foot Jonboat with a generator and Halogen lights will work just fine. The Flounder Gigging gear will pull double duty...

I hope I don’t find out about CS. I joined a club 3 miles from the house nice tract of land but only a few oaks. Nice rifle setups.

Looking forward to the Sept opener with my new 'last years' crossbow. Ten Point replaced the cracked limb so at least that's new. Both deer I got last year were with that Wicked Ridge G3.
    Formerly Bill SC Hunter from the SCDNR Forums

Got military surplus weapons you want to get rid of? Lemme know!

Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

I hope I don’t find out about CS. I joined a club 3 miles from the house nice tract of land but only a few oaks. Nice rifle setups.

Talked to my buddy last night. Finally got his sight back and sighted in.

No new bow for me still shooting my No Cam at 52#. 12 arrows 3 days/week at 10-40yds. I dont hunt past 25yds.
    DLR I switched to a Keeton Release last year due to shoulder problems and it really helped me draw the bow and squeeze thru the shot. People with good shoulders dont really like the Keeton but guys with junky shoulders seem to love them. It made a difference for me and may make shooting more comfortable for you.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nwiles View Post
    No new bow for me still shooting my No Cam at 52#. 12 arrows 3 days/week at 10-40yds. I dont hunt past 25yds.
    DLR I switched to a Keeton Release last year due to shoulder problems and it really helped me draw the bow and squeeze thru the shot. People with good shoulders dont really like the Keeton but guys with junky shoulders seem to love them. It made a difference for me and may make shooting more comfortable for you.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Looks interesting. So far I'm doing well with my old Carter strap release and the new thumb release I bought.

Just bought a brand new Prime Rize going to get it set up tomorrow! Cant wait to shoot it. 20190811_132310.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleLungRage View Post
    Looks interesting. So far I'm doing well with my old Carter strap release and the new thumb release I bought.
    I have an Accutouch best of both worlds. Truball stop making them I need a backup. I hunted with a Chappy Boss for years.

Quote Originally Posted by orangecrow4x4 View Post
    Just bought a brand new Prime Rize going to get it set up tomorrow! Cant wait to shoot it. 20190811_132310.jpg
    Prime makes some great bows. Let us know how you like it.

- - - Updated - - -

I have an Accutouch best of both worlds. Truball stop making them I need a backup. I hunted with a Chappy Boss for years.

I like the thumb release that I bought, but using it changes my form. I am still just as accurate, but I need to have my peep adjusted to switch to it 100%. I may get that done in the next week or two or may just ride out this season with my old release.

Just got the prime setup and it shoots great. It has a rock solid back wall and it is dead in your hand after you shoot. Best bow I have ever shot I love it! Cant wait for Sept. 15th

Shot all the new Hoyts this year but still haven't found one that gives me enough of a reason to get rid of the Carbon Spyder ZT 30. Thought about checking out Sevr but never got around to it.

I did dig into the "old parts" box and pulled out my REACT 1 sight and put that on this year. I had it on a Bear Agenda a few years ago but took it off when I sold that bow. Thought I'd give the single pin mover a shot this year. We'll see how it goes.

Also thought about trying a thumb release for hunting but again, dragged my feet too long and never actually pulled the trigger on one this season. Maybe next year.
    “In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine