Advertise on SCONWhitetails Unlimited Taxidermy

Thread: If you have a Senior Lifetime License............

Default If you have a Senior Lifetime License............

...........and haven't ordered your deer tags, yet. You better check that it hasn't been cancelled by the SC DNR. The older green colored licenses which do not have a customer number on them have been deleted from the system!!!!

I tried to order tags for my 80 year old former Game Warden friend Fred Tuten, yesterday. I couldn't order them over the computer since I kept getting a message that he must purchase a license. I called DNR and talked with a V. Calhoun @ 866-734-3611 who explained that those older green colored licenses had been deleted due to not having a customer number; but she also claimed that those license holders had been notified by the agency that they must apply for a new license. Fred has no memory of ever being notified by snail mail, and he doesn't use a computer which is why I've been ordering his tags for the last three years.

BTW, since he was born prior to 1940, his was a gratis license in the first place!
    NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Palmetto Gun Rights, NAGR, GOA, Second Amendment Foundation, and proud SC redneck still flying The Stars and Bars.

I have a senior lifetime license that was issued Dec. 2007. It has a customer ID # on it. Every year since 2007 I order my doe tags and include that customer ID #. Never a problem. I have already received my tags for this year.

Quote Originally Posted by vermontlad View Post
    I have a senior lifetime license that was issued Dec. 2007. It has a customer ID # on it. Every year since 2007 I order my doe tags and include that customer ID #. Never a problem. I have already received my tags for this year.
    Your's is white with green trim, not one of the green licenses which were issued back around 2005 and earlier. Those older Lifetime licenses are the ones which do not have customer ID#s and are the ones which DNR has deleted.

For the last three years I've been able to order Fred's tags, along with another friend who is also computer illiterate by using their social security numbers since they don't have customer ID#s. This time, however, after talking with the lady at DNR and she explained about the licenses that did not have cust. #s, I understood why I couldn't order those tags over the internet. I will have to print off the application from the site's PDF file and submit it along with a photocopy of Fred's DL in order to get his new Gratis Lifetime License reissued, and then order his set of tags. Ms. Calhoun did say I can e-mail her the application and DL photocopy directly to her in order to speed up the process.
    NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Palmetto Gun Rights, NAGR, GOA, Second Amendment Foundation, and proud SC redneck still flying The Stars and Bars.

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas4 View Post
    Your's is white with green trim, not one of the green licenses which were issued back around 2005 and earlier. Those older Lifetime licenses are the ones which do not have customer ID#s and are the ones which DNR has deleted.

For the last three years I've been able to order Fred's tags, along with another friend who is also computer illiterate by using their social security numbers since they don't have customer ID#s. This time, however, after talking with the lady at DNR and she explained about the licenses that did not have cust. #s, I understood why I couldn't order those tags over the internet. I will have to print off the application from the site's PDF file and submit it along with a photocopy of Fred's DL in order to get his new Gratis Lifetime License reissued, and then order his set of tags. Ms. Calhoun did say I can e-mail her the application and DL photocopy directly to her in order to speed up the process.
    Mine is white with green trim.