Whitetails Unlimited TaxidermySwamp Boogers
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 43 of 43

Thread: red flag law

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SW GA
    Posts
    9,441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    The new gun control schemes are geared toward registration and then confiscation.
    gotta count um so ya know if ya got um all
    Yippee Ki Yay

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In the middle of the Carolinas
    Posts
    1,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    The new gun control schemes are geared toward registration and then confiscation. There will be no buy back. This is the end game the liberals are going for. BTY, I havenít heard any specifics on how a mandatory buy back would work. They going to give you $50 for a $800 weapon. What a deal!
    $50 for each of your weapons or face felony charges and federal prison sentences. For some poor souls that'll be enough to turn them all in. Then, if the public doesn't "go along", well publicized examples will be made of well known gun enthusiasts, Youtube vloggers, internet firearms forum owners, gun collectors, militia members or prominent NRA members by hard raids with a number of fatalities included to make the rest of the poor souls losing their rights to surrender their rights. By that time no one is going to be compensated at all for their hard earned money spent on their years of lawful firearms related activities. And the criminals will go on shooting up more unarmed people without any chance of resistance by a citizen with a gun.

    Just look at what Beto O'Rourke has been spewing out of his idiotic mind.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLzx49nTm94

    Now some of you might reply that he has no chance of being president, and you're probably right, for now. But things are changing and there will be gun confiscation and civil violence in the coming years if this idiotic mentality is allowed to continue. It's coming.

    For those that doubt it, who in my generation (I'm a 62 year old white, married, conservative, heterosexual, boomer) cannot agree that we never thought we'd see transsexualism, homosexualism, racism, pedophilia, atheism, socialism, anti-fa etc. dominating the 24-7 news? Not only are those things not generally considered normal to our generation's standards dominating the news but those folks are being celebrated as the new normal making Christianity, heterosexuality, Love of God, family and country the new threat to normal decent humanity.

    My kids are so accepting of things I never would or will consider normal. I'm not drinking that Kool-aid. Constant exposure to those things I think are wrong are now considered right and I am wrong. Sad.
    Formerly Bill SC Hunter from the SCDNR Forums

    Got military surplus weapons you want to get rid of? Lemme know!

    Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,562

    Default

    This is all true Bill but you still have to consider the MO for communism. First all is good and all acceptable, disarm the public, take control, then reverse your positions on freedoms or freedoms that are tolerated, crack down on free speech and religious groups. It is all about control, not guns or special interest groups. In fact as the leftist push more Muslims into the norm and government, the groups you name as the new normal will be eliminated or no longer tolerated as this is a big no no for them. To the leftist in this country as around the world it is not a problem with your disagreement. They will just kill you if you don't conform to their rules. When Harris was asked what would you do if citizens will not turn in weapons you could see it in her face. It is the communist way.

    Look at the history of communist countries. China, Russia, Cuba, North Korea, and Cambodia have killed millions of their own people. More than were killed in the Holocaust, over 100 million people. Monarchies and dictatorships are nearly as bad at killing their own citizens. Toe the line or you are eliminated.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Hampton, SC
    Posts
    5,803

    Default

    "Buy back" is liberal speak for stealing your guns. None of us bought 'em from the state or federal government, so how in the h e l l can they call it a "buy back"? What they really want with expanded background checks is outright gun registration which would simplify the confiscatory powers of the "red flag" laws, and ultimately result in the disarming of law abiding citizens.

    This past weekend at the Ladson Gun Show, I didn't see a single individual attempting to sell a personal firearm to other individuals. I did see one man bring a Henry .38/.357 to a dealer and sell it. That dealer ran a NICS background check on the seller before completing the purchase. I was sitting at my friend's booth right next to the other vendor and watched the entire transaction.
    NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Palmetto Gun Rights, NAGR, GOA, Second Amendment Foundation, and proud SC redneck still flying The Stars and Bars.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rthomas4 View Post
    "Buy back" is liberal speak for stealing your guns. None of us bought 'em from the state or federal government, so how in the h e l l can they call it a "buy back"? What they really want with expanded background checks is outright gun registration which would simplify the confiscatory powers of the "red flag" laws, and ultimately result in the disarming of law abiding citizens.

    This past weekend at the Ladson Gun Show, I didn't see a single individual attempting to sell a personal firearm to other individuals. I did see one man bring a Henry .38/.357 to a dealer and sell it. That dealer ran a NICS background check on the seller before completing the purchase. I was sitting at my friend's booth right next to the other vendor and watched the entire transaction.
    Most of the show now will not allow person to person sales but they do take place in the parking lot. Used to see quiet a few walking around with a long gun slung over their shoulder with a sign for sale on the gun. Rare today. I don't know how the flea market sales work as I doubt those guys are FFL.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Hampton, SC
    Posts
    5,803

    Default

    Parking lot sales aren't allowed in Charleston or Savannah, and as far as I'm aware they're not allowed in Columbia, Florence, or Myrtle Beach either.

    Several years ago, I was going to sell knives out of the back of my truck at Ladson, and the cops stopped me. They informed me that no parking lot sales, whatsoever were legal. Last year, I even saw 'em stop a guy from selling watermelons in the parking lot at Ladson's gun show.
    NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Palmetto Gun Rights, NAGR, GOA, Second Amendment Foundation, and proud SC redneck still flying The Stars and Bars.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In the middle of the Carolinas
    Posts
    1,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    This is all true Bill but you still have to consider the MO for communism. First all is good and all acceptable, disarm the public, take control, then reverse your positions on freedoms or freedoms that are tolerated, crack down on free speech and religious groups. It is all about control, not guns or special interest groups. In fact as the leftist push more Muslims into the norm and government, the groups you name as the new normal will be eliminated or no longer tolerated as this is a big no no for them. To the leftist in this country as around the world it is not a problem with your disagreement. They will just kill you if you don't conform to their rules. When Harris was asked what would you do if citizens will not turn in weapons you could see it in her face. It is the communist way.

    Look at the history of communist countries. China, Russia, Cuba, North Korea, and Cambodia have killed millions of their own people. More than were killed in the Holocaust, over 100 million people. Monarchies and dictatorships are nearly as bad at killing their own citizens. Toe the line or you are eliminated.

    I'm not ignoring the communist element at all. Just mentioning the changes we have seen in our own lifetimes to illustrate that times are changing and eventually it will end up in a fight for those of us trying to preserve our nation as our forefathers intended it. We will most likely lose.
    Formerly Bill SC Hunter from the SCDNR Forums

    Got military surplus weapons you want to get rid of? Lemme know!

    Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parallax View Post
    I'm not ignoring the communist element at all. Just mentioning the changes we have seen in our own lifetimes to illustrate that times are changing and eventually it will end up in a fight for those of us trying to preserve our nation as our forefathers intended it. We will most likely lose.
    Folks our age are in the sunset of our lives and probably wont seen the worst to come. Maybe we will with as fast as the socialism/communism is coming on in the last 5 years or so. Socialized medicine will take us out if it comes to be. As dismal as it seems sometimes we have to be confident the next generation to take the reins will steer clear of the pot holes. I think they will. I pray they will. Every next generation is always worse say the older generations and we are still here. Educate those that will listen as best you can.

    My Grandmother live to be 104, 1865 to 1969. Can you imagine the change she saw in her life time. Horse and buggy days to the space age. wow.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Piedmont of SC
    Posts
    7,268

    Default

    Rep Hill is hated in the legislator by the GOP. They do not want Constitutional Carry. Most will not vote or claim they cannot support anything Hill brings up. Yet the maintain their A+ rating with the NRA.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Knowledge is true opinion." ~ Plato

    "We shall never achieve harmony with land, any more than we shall achieve absolute justice or liberty for people. In these higher aspirations, the important thing is not to achieve but to strive. "-Aldo Leopold

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,562

    Default

    Gun sales are already up 15.5% from last August. Alabama NICS was up 100% in August. Will ammo go crazy again next? Demorats are great for gun sales. Does that sound like the most people are in favor of their gun control.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In the middle of the Carolinas
    Posts
    1,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Folks our age are in the sunset of our lives and probably wont seen the worst to come. Maybe we will with as fast as the socialism/communism is coming on in the last 5 years or so. Socialized medicine will take us out if it comes to be. As dismal as it seems sometimes we have to be confident the next generation to take the reins will steer clear of the pot holes. I think they will. I pray they will. Every next generation is always worse say the older generations and we are still here. Educate those that will listen as best you can.

    My Grandmother live to be 104, 1865 to 1969. Can you imagine the change she saw in her life time. Horse and buggy days to the space age. wow.
    My grandmother on my mother's side was born in 1885, lived to 1979. I often thought about the changes she saw as well. She never learned to read or write but she was a sharp woman with a great since of humor. My grandfather bought one of the first cars in Carroll County, VA. He was born in 1883, died 1938.

    We've seen some changes too but not mostly getting better, especially on the social/moral side of life. My father, before his dementia stopped his pondering the state of the world, often said he was glad he would be gone soon as the world was going crazy. I can't say I disagree with that way of thinking.

    This was before they got a car.
    Last edited by parallax; 09-12-2019 at 04:46 AM.
    Formerly Bill SC Hunter from the SCDNR Forums

    Got military surplus weapons you want to get rid of? Lemme know!

    Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parallax View Post
    My grandmother on my mother's side was born in 1885, lived to 1979. I often thought about the changes she saw as well. She never learned to read or write but she was a sharp woman with a great since of humor. My grandfather bought one of the first cars in Carroll County, VA. He was born in 1883, died 1938.

    We've seen some changes too but not mostly getting better, especially on the social/moral side of life. My father, before his dementia stopped his pondering the state of the world, often said he was glad he would be gone soon as the world was going crazy. I can't say I disagree with that way of thinking.

    This was before they got a car.
    Simple way of life for sure with less stress. The Great Depression was hell for sure that I can’t imagine. Post WWII and baby boomers saw the best of prosperity in my opinion. Times were good, folks had jobs, houses were affordable, car were affordable, kids could play outside without a guard and more families were intact. The late 60’s burst that bubble. We still have prosperity but culturally we have been going down hill since 69 and the onset of liberalism. Some thing have changed for the better, some for the worse. Still better here than the rest of the world. You can gauge by how many are trying to get vs how many are trying to get out of the country.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and Prosperous by letting the US Government Officials take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In the middle of the Carolinas
    Posts
    1,976

    Default

    Amen brother!
    Formerly Bill SC Hunter from the SCDNR Forums

    Got military surplus weapons you want to get rid of? Lemme know!

    Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •