Advertise on SCONWhitetails Unlimited Taxidermy

Thread: Not mine but a nice 178 lb buck..

Default Not mine but a nice 178 lb buck..

...was brought in to Backwoods Processing this morning.
    I was just there picking up mine. One of the guys said a much nicer one was brought on before this one.
    I should have gone hunting!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Formerly Bill SC Hunter from the SCDNR Forums

Got military surplus weapons you want to get rid of? Lemme know!

Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

I saw a pic of a ten point that was killed this morning, and from the size of it I'd say it was at least 220lbs. He was one of the fattest bucks I've seen in a while, plus his neck was swollen and his tarsals were heavily stained. The guy who killed him said he watched it run two nice 8 pointers off of the corn, and he could smell the buck from his stand.

Wayne Nettles one of the processors here told the guys at Hardee's this morning that he's been handling some really nice bucks so far this season.
    NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Palmetto Gun Rights, NAGR, GOA, Second Amendment Foundation, and proud SC redneck still flying The Stars and Bars.

I got the official weight of that big buck, this morning. 224 lbs on the button.
    NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Palmetto Gun Rights, NAGR, GOA, Second Amendment Foundation, and proud SC redneck still flying The Stars and Bars.

That's a huge buck!

The year my father bought his place outside Chester in 1982, a 235 Lb 11 point buck was killed on the property by a neighbor. I've never seen anything like those live weights in my 35 years of hunting it and my largest was a 192 Lb 8 point shot on Oct 11 1996.
    Formerly Bill SC Hunter from the SCDNR Forums

Got military surplus weapons you want to get rid of? Lemme know!

Owner/webmaster
    Milsurpshooter.Net

I was twelve years old and it was January 1, 1966. The place was Stiles Harper's property in the Lawtonville area outside of Estill, SC and right next to Bostick Plantation. The time was around 8:45AM and the hounds had been running for about 30 minutes or more and were headed in my direction. I was standing about 20 yards from a ditch row that ended in the middle of a cut soybean field when this bruiser buck came around the ditch and headed towards me. When he got about 15 yards from me I let loose with the old Lefevre double and at the first shot he started bellowing like a stuck bull, with the second shot he stopped and started shaking his head and then took off dragging a front leg. I chased after him and let him hold two more rounds of 00 buck, and he stopped again, I had hit him in the back legs and as I ran closer he was still bellowing and shaking his head in my direction; that's when I let him hold m last two rounds of buckshot. A man who hunted with us drove his pickup right up to where the deer was standing and threw a rope around his antlers and told me to cut it's throat. After I stuck the knife in it's throat he pulled it down with the truck and handed me his .22 rifle to finish it off with a bullet to the head. It took six grown men to pick it up and tie it across the tailgate of a 1965 Chevy and the legs had to be tied off to the body struts on each side. We took it to Harper and Bowers where it was weighed on their cotton scales. The 16 point buck weighed in at 285 lbs., and everyone figured that it had to have been one of the Ohio breeder bucks that Bostick had brought in and evidently it had escaped and wandered onto our hunting lease. That big old bad boy's shoulders looked like tanned leather from all of the fighting scars and he had a small goatee due to the long hairs on his chin.

Mr. Norman Crews was the huntmaster and he and my grandfather both told me that I could hunt the rest of my life and never kill anything else that would come close. I'm now 66, and I've killed well over 450 deer and they weren't wrong!!!!!!!