Camera Land, IncSwamp Boogers

Thread: Columbus Day Yote

Talking Columbus Day Yote

Well our setup was pretty sweet our cover was 5 round bales with a pond to the right and extends behind us with about 15 ft of trees in between us and the pond, in front of us there is a heavy tree line to the left that extends out to 700 yds and opens up to the right which was turned over 2 weeks ago. The pond to the right has a dirt road over the dam which is littered with yote scatt, It is around 0648 hrs when my partner began a light squeeking which lead into baby cottontail in distress, we had a farmer drive in from the left about 6 minutes into our set and went around to the pond behind us (Glad he did) because it caused me to look back to check my shooting lanes to make sure they are still clear, When I looked to the right over the pond on the dam I caught a quick flash of a bushy tail sneeking to our mojo critter, I told my partner to start calling again to see if he would stop (he did) he sat facing me with his chest up just as high as can be giving me a perfect shot. I fired one shot from my Rem. 700 vls chambered in 223 with winchester 55 grn cst ammo from 130 yds he was down for the count! It was 58 degrees foggy and humidity was 38 % and after 12 minutes one down and many more to go.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good deal and love the pics. You can also go down to the thread Predator Hunting Log and copy one of their blank records if you want and start your own post. At the end of the winter we can check them out and maybe learn something about predator hunting. Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy. Looking for some more predator post from you in the future. Where are you from or should I say where do you live now?

Quote Originally Posted by scoutdoo View Post
    Good deal and love the pics. You can also go down to the thread Predator Hunting Log and copy one of their blank records if you want and start your own post. At the end of the winter we can check them out and maybe learn something about predator hunting. Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy. Looking for some more predator post from you in the future. Where are you from or should I say where do you live now?
    I live in Perry Georgia south of Macon by 30 miles, I have thousands of acres to hunt so if any S.C. hunters are down this way shoot me a pm and we will try to put a bushy tail on the ground.

Thanks
    Gary Turley
    georgiapha.org

i might take you up on that offer .

also congrats on the dog !! way to go !!

Congrats on the yote! Thats a healthy one. Welcome to the board and don't hesitate to post and secrets, we like tricks!
    SCCH
    Addicted Coyote Hunter!!!!

Hey man nice coyote , welocome to the board and ditto what David said